ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Review, Top Gear, 2pm, UKTV People

C4 Grand Picasso

For anyone whos interested - UKTV People (Sky 566) is showing back-to-back episodes of Top Gear all day, with the 182 Review episode on at 2pm this afternoon (and again at midnight).

My first post of 2005 - Happy New Year Cliosporters!!

ooh clarkson panned it a bit but he was mostly right lol. Especailly about making you happy, always gives me a smile :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Pretty good review I thought - crap driving position, some of the flaky finishes (especially in the boot area) but thats not what the 182 is about, is it? And the fact that it kicked the Alfa 147GTAs lap time into touch, give some indication of how good a handler it is......... even if it does like going on three wheels every now and then!

D.

Clio 200 Cup

I saw it, cant believe just how much it goes into tripod mode! Can you feel it when youre driving? The wheel is like over 6 inches off the ground!

P

peterh2

Cant say I have ever felt it and I have given mine a fair bit of abuse!

P

peterh2

Would love to see the look on someones face if they had been following me and it did it though!

172beast

Quote: Originally posted by stevoversteer on 01 January 2005
I saw it, cant believe just how much it goes into tripod mode! Can you feel it when youre driving? The wheel is like over 6 inches off the ground!

All the decent hot hatchs have been doing this for years! Clio V6 lifts its front wheel on bends if you try hard enough, every fast Clio does the 3 wheel tbh!

Clio 200 Cup

Yeah i know most hot hatches c**k the inside rear wheel when really abused, but most only do it a little bit (like that 172 pic). In Clarksons piece on the 182 it was MILES off the ground! Still, cant be detrimental considering the lap time it put in!

what time is it repeated? If it is repeated this evening I dont mind converting to divx and hosting it if ppl want it.

Let me know

Gareth

Thanks to Liam182, Im currently uploading this video.

Ill post a link soon, but I wont be hosting it for too long - I dont currently have my server login details for my website, so Im upping it to my personal space (dont know what bandwidth I have there)