ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Rolling Road results

Custom Production

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
So after recently purchasing my 182 for track use next year, I decided that before we started to spend money replacing things in the search for more power that we should run it on the RR to see what sort of power she is making. I run an ECU re-mapping company in south Yorkshire so it was without question that we should make some changes to the map on there to suit the mods the car already has. It has a dirty piper X air filter with no cold air feed, a gutted cat and a Scorpion cat back exhaust system.
After putting our stage 1 Re-map on here, raising the rev limit to 7100rpm as I simply could not stand the standard 6700rpm it achieved 190,2 bhp and 152.6 lbft
After looking at many other results people have had id say im pretty happy with these results at the minute given the cars state.
We could modify the fuelling further to get it running slightly leaner although im planning on making my own intake for it so were going to wait and see how the fuelling is with this.
Whats everyones thoughts
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
  172 Turbo
On run 1 it runs less power at the wheels than run 2, but in run 2 it makes more power at the fly than run 1.
How does that happen?

It's an inaccurate way of testing really. They run up then let the rollers run down and measures transmission loss. Easy to forge results like this by doing stuff like touching the brakes to get transmission losses up.

Custom Production

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
If any of you know what this even is then you'll see the original value of 6700 in purple code block 1 being the cars original rev limit. And im happy to take the car to another rolling road to confirm. The rollers we used here are well known around here and have always disappointed customers in the past believe it or not.

Attachments

• IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    503.4 KB · Views: 91
Also, FYI, looking at the graph it looks like you're still running the closed loop fuel strategy. If you change that it delivers the power a lot smoother throughout and looses the pre 5k flat spot.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Sorry to but in here but I'm almost positive my 172 revs to around 7700 before it makes duh duh duhhh noise (rev limiter I assume) could that mean something is wrong ???

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
It'll be mapped. RSTuner goes to 7500 IIRC, some tuners go higher still to as much as 7800, but I wouldn't want to rev it quite that high personally.
It's very revy really kicks at above 5 I'm not used to such high revs I keep changing early.