ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 = Rubbish

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 23 January 2005

I think maybe this should be locked as it is going around in circles.

If I had test driven my 182 I wouldnt have bought it.

Now after only 2500 miles of running in its getting more and more eager and the power and torque is spreading further and further down the rev range everytime I drive it. I am also getting more comfortable with the car and getting better at exploiting it.

If you wonder why I never bothered having a test drive, to be honest I dont think you learn sh1t from a 20 minute drive in an unfamiliar car. Its also like trying on a new pair of shoes, they always feel terrible compared to your old ones - at first...

I have only test driven 1 of the 7 cars I have owned and guess what? Only one of them disappointed me and was sold after 6 months. Guess which one!

dunno , tell me (williams ??);)

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 23 January 2005

there is alot of talk about the bad seats but they fit me perfect !!, also you say mk1 172 seats are better, are they not the same

I was referring to the whole look of the car mate, not just the interior.

however Mk1 172 interior is different to Mk2 172 and 182 yes.

And all are so much better then the CUP interior

P

peterh2

Smokey : Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I’m up in Aberdeen!

u33db : Yeah we need to arrange a meet place and time any idea what time we need to be a Crail for? Unfortunately the 182 still hasn’t fully loosened up (<2k miles) but it will be interesting to see what it runs now and then compare that to what it runs when its got 20k on the clock! Fancy letting me know what you have had done or is it going to be left to surprise me when you vanish into the distance on the strip?

Quote: Originally posted by peterh2 on 23 January 2005

u33db : Yeah we need to arrange a meet place and time any idea what time we need to be a Crail for? Unfortunately the 182 still hasn’t fully loosened up (<2k miles) but it will be interesting to see what it runs now and then compare that to what it runs when its got 20k on the clock! Fancy letting me know what you have had done or is it going to be left to surprise me when you vanish into the distance on the strip?
Ive stuck a reply in meets & events about Crail - unfortunately ive never been before so am waiting for AJR or the like to comment to times etc :oops:

As for the car, goes in tomorrow to have the PAS removed so i recon that should free up a good 5bhp...and once i get it serviced i should defo be over 160bhp...will be interesting for sure!

Lee

BMW M2C

Im sure Ill drag my ass along to Santa Pod one Sunday and see what I can get out of the 182. My only worry at the moment is I dont want to have to buy new front tyres as well as pay for the 12k service (which I fear may include brakes) and my insurance, which isnt cheap with 6 points!! Still a few runs wont hurt them that much.

God to hear both your Valvers are rust free as they are great looking cars and as has been said, better in some ways than more modern machinery. They just dont offer me what I want/need.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 23 January 2005

Im sure Ill drag my ass along to Santa Pod one Sunday and see what I can get out of the 182. My only worry at the moment is I dont want to have to buy new front tyres as well as pay for the 12k service (which I fear may include brakes) and my insurance, which isnt cheap with 6 points!! Still a few runs wont hurt them that much.

God to hear both your Valvers are rust free as they are great looking cars and as has been said, better in some ways than more modern machinery. They just dont offer me what I want/need.
who is your insurance company, Lee? Im now with Liverpool Victoria and I couldnt believe it the other day when I rang to tell them I have another 3 points for them to add on (6 points now), they said theyre not interested... only if you have been banned!

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 23 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 23 January 2005

I think maybe this should be locked as it is going around in circles.

If I had test driven my 182 I wouldnt have bought it.

Now after only 2500 miles of running in its getting more and more eager and the power and torque is spreading further and further down the rev range everytime I drive it. I am also getting more comfortable with the car and getting better at exploiting it.

If you wonder why I never bothered having a test drive, to be honest I dont think you learn sh1t from a 20 minute drive in an unfamiliar car. Its also like trying on a new pair of shoes, they always feel terrible compared to your old ones - at first...

I have only test driven 1 of the 7 cars I have owned and guess what? Only one of them disappointed me and was sold after 6 months. Guess which one!

dunno , tell me (williams ??);)
Well it was the one I test drove but Id rather not go into what it was. It wasnt a Renault I can tell you that.

It was a fantastic test drive, I loved it to bits as I jumped in and felt at home right away. After a couple of months of ownership though I was sick of it and I mean bloody sick. There were just a hundred and one things that irritated me about it which I just couldnt pick up on the test drive.

Before long I replaced it with a 1.2 16v Clio. The dealer laughed when I collected that Clio as he had never met me - I just rang up and ordered it over the phone and never test drove it! Of course that was my first of three Clios so I was obviously satisified with it.

Anyway thats why I dont think people should pass judgement on a 20 minute test drive.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Noblelima on 23 January 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 23 January 2005Im sure Ill drag my ass along to Santa Pod one Sunday and see what I can get out of the 182. My only worry at the moment is I dont want to have to buy new front tyres as well as pay for the 12k service (which I fear may include brakes) and my insurance, which isnt cheap with 6 points!! Still a few runs wont hurt them that much.

God to hear both your Valvers are rust free as they are great looking cars and as has been said, better in some ways than more modern machinery. They just dont offer me what I want/need. [/QUOTE]who is your insurance company, Lee? Im now with Liverpool Victoria and I couldnt believe it the other day when I rang to tell them I have another 3 points for them to add on (6 points now), they said theyre not interested... only if you have been banned!

Im currently with Tesco and due to renew March 5th. Ran a quick quote the other day to see what I would roughly be looking at. It came back as £832. Not good for a 28 year old with full NCB.

Lee, were paying about £500 a yr, mrs is 25 with full no claims and we even pre isured mods that have not been done yet. Coilovers/17" Wheels/Exhaust/viper IK and she added me to it and i have only been driving 2 yrs with only 1 yr no claims but i do have 3 points.

Smokey

P.s Hybrid couldnt offer me all i wanted/need either (warranty & piece of mind really), hence the 172/182 as well

Lee

BMW M2C

Ill do all the ringing round Mid Feb in an attempt to get something sensible. I cant imagine an SP50 (speeding on a motorway) is any different to an SP30. It must be my post code, even though the car is garaged.

P.S. thats it for me, easy life. If it goes wrong they fix it.

im currently with tesco, there renewal came thru and they want £480, i tried sainsburys and they want £408, there both with protected no claims

3 Series xdrive

Value for money:

Golf GTI : £20,000

200BHP

0-62 7.2secs

146mph

Civic Type R: £16,000

200BHP

0-62 6.6secs

146mph

Clio 182 :£12,000

182bhp