ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 seat rattle

picked the car up about a week ago, but im noticing that the passenger seat is slightly rattly when going over bumps etc. checked the floor mounts, and theyre secure. does anyone else have this?? I suppose its just the renault build quality?

Lee

BMW M2C

Its usually the seat moving from side to side in the runners. My 172 had it really badly. So much so I had new runners, they worked okay for 3 weeks then it came back.

So far my 182 hasnt been as bad but the seat still does it occasionally in certain positions.

If its really getting on your nerves, take it in to Renault and theyll fit new runners for you.

VaVa

Same thing on my 172. Just take it back and theyll swap the runners. Having said that my seat still isnt right. Its alright until someone gets in the back- you think the seat has click back into place when it hasnt. Next time you brake sharply your passenger slide forward in the seat!! Not nice!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

sometimes when someone has been sitting in the passenger seat of mine and they get out, the seatbelt gets trapped between the seat and the pillar and rattles like mad, thats the first thing I alwyas check and 9 times out of 10 its that, so i just reposition it.

think Ill wait and see if it gets worse, and if it does, ill take it to renault. Its not annoying me too much at the moment. have noticed the seatbelt thing tho dave, and it is annoying. thanks

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 05 October 2004

Its usually the seat moving from side to side in the runners. My 172 had it really badly. So much so I had new runners, they worked okay for 3 weeks then it came back.

So far my 182 hasnt been as bad but the seat still does it occasionally in certain positions.

If its really getting on your nerves, take it in to Renault and theyll fit new runners for you.

Yeah same happened to my 182, took it to renault and they fixed it only for it to come back and them say we cant do nowt about it. so i adjusted them a little bit and its silent now!

Sounds like mine mate if you rattle the drivers seat by hand it doesnt do it but the passanger seat does rattle ............

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 05 October 2004

sometimes when someone has been sitting in the passenger seat of mine and they get out, the seatbelt gets trapped between the seat and the pillar and rattles like mad, thats the first thing I alwyas check and 9 times out of 10 its that, so i just reposition it.
I had that this morning couldnt work out what the feck it was, it was doing my head in, then realised and moved it!