ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 sidelight bulbs.....

Clio 182 FF
Afternoon all,

After thinking it would be a 5 minute job i popped the car in the garage...nearly 30 minute later and everything but the sidelight bulb was out??

What is the process to remove them?
It is the Xenon headlight set up and after checking on here its a mixed bag...do you pull or twist??

Would rather not take the bumper off just to remove a sidelight.

Any guide would be good...

I think they can twist lock in?

The first time i had them out i had to twist a bit, also pull a lot... now i just push them in, they're a snug fit

If they are the same as the dynamique then if you are standing infront of the car you twist to your right.

Mine took a fair bit of force to come out the first time but now pop in and out easily.

They only twist a qualter or half a turn if at all imo, so just wiggle it about untill there out imo, use the force but not too much and they will come out...

Expect to end up with hands like this

S5030032.jpg

Clio Trophy
i had a c**t getting into mine tonight. it twists but just pull it. twist with ur key just force it a quarter to slacken the snug fit then pull or get pliers.

i did it all for the bult i was replacing it with to be goosed so need to do it again aha

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I changed mine in 10 mins on the 172 with xenon headlights.
Tight squeeze with the hands, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Put it like this, I had two pairs of different sidelights, wasnt impressed with the colour of the first pair, so changed them immediately afterwards for the second pair frmo Ultraleds.co.uk

A lot with xenons drive without because the candle orange colour doesn't match the xenon white...

I don't think you'd pass an MOT but you will be alright without them.

BG182FF
i had some LED ones in before, but another has blown so im sick of them so thinking of going without

FF 182 Sport
just pull - whats all this twisting lark lol - i actually have to say the 182 has had the easiest bulb changing process of any car ive owned - and there has been a few - sidelights, spotlights, indicaors and main beam can be done in 15 minsthe lot - providing new bulbs fit ok - which mine dont lol!

Renault Clio 182
Sorry to get this convo kicking again. But I have the hands the size of Andre the Giant and I can't for the life of my get close to the sidelight bulb :mad: to add salt to the wounds I've just fitted a ktr induction kit so I'll have to get that back off to reach the passenger side light.
Could I take the headlamp off? Or should I ask my gf nicely to try for me? There's nooooooo way it took anyone 1 minute, if so you are The Lord Almighty himself.

I can change sidelight and xenon bulbs without the removal of anything lol.

Shovel hands don't help though lol.

Clio 182
Tis tight. The side light holder just pulles out. Get the misses to do it she shouldn't have a clearance issue ;)