ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Sport alternator/battery/wirng fault???

2004 Clio Sport 182
Hi guys a newbie on here and to my clio. Basically I bought a 2004 clio sport 182 last night with 84k miles to use as a track day car. When I went to pick it up he was fitting a new battery. Car fired up first time and sounded sweet, although the battery light, airbag light, stop light, service light and abs light were all illuminated. this didn't bother me as was a cheap car. 60 miles into my journey (half way home) the car died on me due to flat battery. When looking under bonnet I can see one thick cable going to alternator and one thin wire which looks like it has been cut and another piece put on. when I unplugged the thin wire the battery light went out, when I plugged it into the terminal at the side of it still stayed out. Plugged it back to where it was (very loose fit) light came back on and stayed on. Am I right in thinking my alternator is fubarred or could it be a wiring fault. Many thanks in advance for your help.