ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 standard alarm - 3 beeps or not 3 beeps

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
Hi all, only had the car 6 days,

might be me going mad, but when i stop, get out the car and push the key pad, the lights flash (sets the alarm on) but sometimes it beeps 3 times, sometimes it doesnt ??

any ideas ??, should it beep 3 times everytime ? what does 3 beeps mean ??

cheers all

If it's the standard fit cat 1 alarm, it won't make a noise when locking the car. No idea why yours sometimes does it.

If it beeps when you retun back to the car & un lock it then the alarm was triggered while you were away from the car.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
mine does it once every say 3 months, lettin me know i have not shut the door proper lol

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff

quote:
Another common problem is when you lock the car the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times.
Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is 'on' causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: It can only be resolved at a Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference
'RS+15'.

cheers guys, think i will keep an eye on it,

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It does it if you lock it to fast after shutting the door.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I do it often annoys me greatly, same if you open it to quickly after unlocking it.

b/g 182, meg tourer
is there not more to it than locking it too fast after shutting the door.
i know renault can fix it, i have searched... but doen't anyone have anymore info on it? anyone had it fixed by renault? costs?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
ive had it for 2 years and to be honest, its simply a case of just either getting used to it and ignoring it as its quite intermittant, or getting it sorted at a cost. Personally im leaving mine as it poses no threat whatsoever. I think 90% of people here that have had it, just simply leave it.

Renault Clio Sport 182
3 beeps when locking clio 182

Basically 1/2 times the car will beep 3, 1 second beeps. If i unlock the car and lock it again after it has already beeped it wont do it again.
Any ideas? :(

Re: 3 beeps when locking clio 182

my makes a similar noise if any of the doors, or the bonnet is open: Check all the doors, windows, boot and bonnet are shut and hopefully that will stop it.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

if you alarm has gone off too it will beep 3 times when you get back to the car

Renault Clio Sport 182

There are no doors or windows open at all. I know its not that as if i leave a door open it gives a long beep, different to what it normally does.
Its not the alarm either i know that.

If you turn the ignition on then off, on then off, then set the alarm. Doesn't that switch off the internal movement sensors and make a beeping sound when you set the alarm to tell you they're off? I think it is three beeps.

Renault Clio Sport 182

I just tried that and it didnt beep for me.
It only seems to do it after you've been driving the car 1/2 times.
I didnt mention that if you unlock the car while its beeping and relock it straight after it wont beep again :S

koi

Audi S1

I just tried that and it didnt beep for me.
It only seems to do it after you've been driving the car 1/2 times.
I didnt mention that if you unlock the car while its beeping and relock it straight after it wont beep again :S

Yeah mine does that too, don't have a clue why though...

b/g 182, meg tourer
ive had it for 2 years and to be honest, its simply a case of just either getting used to it and ignoring it as its quite intermittant, or getting it sorted at a cost. Personally im leaving mine as it poses no threat whatsoever. I think 90% of people here that have had it, just simply leave it.

cheers for that :)

Iceberg 172 Cup

I HAVE THIS SAME ISSUE. LOL ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT IT WAS. SORRY CAPS, MY BAD.

Da

Less

Try leaving it a second after closing the door before locking/arming it.

The beeps signify that the ECU hasn't shut down fully before you arm the car.

Common problem, from another thread. search for beep AND lock

Another common problem is when you lock the car the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times.
Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is 'on' causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: It can only be resolved at a Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference
'RS+15'.

In between cars....

It beeps A different number of times depending on what its trying to tell you, there was somthing up about this recently, cant remember what beeps corresponds with what fault

clio 197 cup
i know mine did it to but on mine you could cancel the interior ultasonics and it was the same beep.you would turn on and off the ignition twice and get out the car and it would beep to let you know it had worked.it was just for leaving a dog etc. in the car without setting the alarm off.hope that helps.:)

Renault Clio Sport 182
If i lock the car say within 10 secs of turning of the ignition it will beep 3 times. If i leave it a little longer it wont do it.
I just tried unlocking the car and turning the ignition on then off and locking the car straight after and i didnt get the 3 beeps. It only seems to happen when you have been driving it.
Already told taken my car to renault about this and they reckon they had fixed it. Gona have to get another day off work as mechanics dont work on saturdays to take it to the garage about 30 miles away. :dapprove:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I get this, quite like the beeps tbh lol.

For some reason, 95% of the time it does it at certain times during the day!? When I drive home for lunch it always does it, then I drive back to work and it does it say around 95% of the time...

But if I lock the car after dropping the girlfriend home (so I'll be home around 12am-1am) it never ever does it! Weird.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
as ive said and has already been stated guys, its a common issue and its already been diagnosed. It can be fixed but if you dont fix it, the car will still arm and lock, so just quit worrying about it :)

Arctic 182FF
this takes me back a bit, mine used to do this like 25% of the time - now coming to think of it, hasnt done it in aaaaages. wonder if the dealer did something to sort it last service :s

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I do it often annoys me greatly, same if you open it to quickly after unlocking it.

my old 172 was ok ^^^

But my 182 does this, annoys me, can leave it say 5 seconds + and still does it.

BMW 118d
normally a case of locking the car too quickly and air is still circulating around the cabin from where the door has been closed maybe interferring with the a-pilar sensors?? i find that if i leave it about 10secs then lock it i dont get it.

182 Trophy (#27/500)
i think it is relevant to the ecu thing but it has a shut down time, therefore if u are quick turning the car off and getting out and locking then it will beep......The solution:.....Take you time.lol