ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 standard exhaust. How long until it falls apart?

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
My 05 182 is coming up to 70k now, and still on the original exhaust. I'm not planning on keeping the Clio for much more than another siX months, so I don't particularly want to go blow £300+ on a new stainless system.

What sort of mileage did it start to go for you lot, and realistically, how much longer does it have - or shoukd I just bite the bullet and get a new one?

​Ta muchly.

Clio 182 FF
Mine's on 60K and still got the original. No doubt I've cursed it and it will fall off next week :p.

Still saving my pennies for a BTB!

Audi A5
they seem to vary alot. best bet is to get someone who knows what their looking at to have a look for you.

also you can get decent second hand exhaust for around £200 which will no doubt last longer than the car will.

Audi A5
p.s if your exhaust is in good nick and you do fancy a change ive got a ktr super sport id be willing to swap with you plus abit of doe my way ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
in 10k or so iv replaced mine once, and im about to replace it again.. Its hit and miss tbh

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Mine fell off totally on the PH1 the other week-
But Im BTB'ed up now!

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
My first 172 did that a week after I got it... Back Box snapped off on the weld :eek:

Mine broke on the bend by the rear beam- I blame the change in driving style from the old owner to me!-

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its not usually a mileage thing with exhausts rotting, if you do lots of short journeys you get a buildup of sulphuric acid in the exhaust caused by the misture of exhaust gasses with moisture and the exhaust doesnt get hot enough to burn it off, so it just sits there rotting, where as if you use your car for a long journey then when you park it up the exhaust is nice and dry as the heat boils it all off and doesnt have this issue.

Its one of the few cases where making sure your car gets a few minutes of damn good thrashing every journey really does pay dividends!

RB182cup&golf gti
Does a leaky system cause the engine management light to illuminate? Just that I clouted a pot hole the other week and the following day I could hear knocking when changing gear which has now gone away. Only today, the light has come on, so wondering if I've damaged my exhaust system?

Does a leaky system cause the engine management light to illuminate? Just that I clouted a pot hole the other week and the following day I could hear knocking when changing gear which has now gone away. Only today, the light has come on, so wondering if I've damaged my exhaust system?

No tho u might have damaged the cat , oxy sensors or wiring all of witch could bring ur light on

RB182cup&golf gti
Well if it's leaking pre-cat then surely it could for the same reason?

Just had a good look whilst missus drove is round gym car park and the cat section seems lower than it should as I have never noticed it before. Might have to be a visit to birchdown