ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Start Up problem

GW200
Hi Guys,
Hopefully someone will be able to offer me some advice.....
Been out in the car this morning and came home. Needed to nip out again this afternoon, and the car won't start! The interior light doesn't come on when I open the door. After I try to start the car, the clock resets itself. Got out of the car and tried to lock it using the key fob, but nothing happens. I have also tried the spare key, but its no different
This is a video of what happens when I try to start the car:

Could it be just a case of a new battery needed (not sure if its ever been replaced) or something more sinister?

As always, any help/advice is appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
  E46 M3
It'll be battery related. Jump/bump start it and check the voltage of the battery with the engine running to check that the alternator is charging. If the voltage is high 13's ish then replace the battery. If its around 12v or lower then theres an alternator/charging issue.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would say battery. Can't hear the video but does it make any noises? Like a clicking?

182 FF, A6 Avant
Battery hasn't got enough in it to start the car. I had the EXACT same problem.

I got a jump start and went out for 30 mins with nothing electrical on and it's been fine since.

GW200
I would say battery. Can't hear the video but does it make any noises? Like a clicking?

Yeah, it does make a clicking noise. Thanks for the quick replies, I'll try and jump it in the morning and if need be I'll go and get myself a new battery