ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182-suitable 4 a begginer

i just took my driving exams...and i am thinking about buying a 182... do you think that is is too dangerous for me... is it difficult to master? do you neeed to be an experienced driver to drive one?

not really, if your careful! its probably better to start with something slower though and work you way up! if you do go for the 182 the insurance will be the problem!

172 FF

Well I think you might get too confindent after a while & make a silly mistake. And it s a hell of a car to wreck. Also insurance would be pretty stupid unless you are well old.

I would think 182 might in some respects be safer as the car would give you more feedback than a dynamic model etc.

But insuracne would be a bit of a killer if your young. And you have to learn to drive it safly ie track days maybe to know how to push it safly near big run offs areas etc

Weeman sucks ****

youll probably stall it quite a bit, I still do and have been driving for a a few years!! No, Im not that bad a driver either.

I find the clutch/biting point on my mates VX200 easier than a cliosport.

(...Perhaps Im being a girl?!)

I always think performance models are safer, better brakes, suspension, power for overtaking etc.

BUT your always going to get someone in a nova/saxo/corsa/cup?? wanting to race you, and if your not experienced then the chances of smashing it, injuring/killing yourself or someone else?????

If you go for it, get some proper driving lessons or a defensive driving course.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The only problem is its easy to get to silly speeds very quickly.. just dont get too confident.

Thats like giving a kid a loaded gun.....Statistically, youre more likely to come a croper if youre young and inexperienced driver of a fast powerful car, hence high insurance premiums for these group of drivers.

Elise/VX220/R26

Hmm I think when youve had a 172 or williams or something really quick you soon get used to it and forget how bloody dangerous they can be in the wrong hands. I would reccomend getting 2 to 3 years of experience on the roads doing some serious milage before getting something that does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds!

I went from a 1.4 bravo to my 172, and I remember putting my foot down for the first time and thinking f**k me this much power is ridiculous. But now Im used to it I dont think about it as much. Complaicancy is a dangerous thing tho.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

some indian guy in milfield was given a porsche for his first car at 17 (daddy was a rich oil merchant)

he rote that 1 off and then had a ferrari at 19 for his 2nd car. the next crash he had killed him and his sister...

just take it easy, but i kno i wudnt!

im not from uk so there is absolutely no problem regarding the insurance... :D im just thinking that if i buy a car with 80-90-100 bhp soon ill get bored by it.... and ill keep this car for the next 3 years or so... im already thinking about some turbo mods in about 2 years :D

Buy it.

My 1.1 Ax was far more dangerous than my 172.

w**k brakes, Cronic understeer/snap oversteer.

A 172/182 is a piece of piss to drive, and i wouldnt really class it as a stupidly quick car. Youll be board with it after 3 months.

Why not get something like a Vauxual VX220 Turbo instead ?

how old are you, and where do u come from (i wanna know where insurance aint a problem!!)

altho i hear in New Zealand insurance isnt legally needed :D

well... im 18 and im from romania... here u have the CASCO,an insurance for theft and all the things u need,and its something like 6% of the cars value... it doesnt depend on the age of the driver at all... in my contry they dont bring the vauxuals,here we have the opel ;)

Clio 197

Well guys and girls, I think the 172 is a great beginners car as long as you can get insurance. When I was a kid growing up in the USA, we learned on 7 litre tyre shredding monsters with no brakes worth mentioning.

Dirty E91

I should be getting my 182 next week and Im insuring my girlfriend on it, she should pass her test on Thursday. I think as long as you drive within your limits you will be fine, my G/F will be driving the car most days to work and I believe she will be fine as long as she stick within her limits.

Id go for it but be carful for gods sake!
Fogot to say she doesnt even increase my insurance that much either!

[Edited by martynh on 11 May 2004 at 8:17am]