ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 TC and ESP

Hi guys,

I have been wondering about the TC and ESP on my 182, which has never activated during my first 9 months of ownership. I have been pretty much sideways a few times, and have spun the wheels briefly on occoasion 1st in the when) and never felt or or seen the light some on for either, do you guys ever feel/see these systems cut in?

Also never felt ABS under hard braking, the brakes are amazing! (had brembo discs and ferodo 2500's fitted a few 000 ago).

Any feedback appreciated (i did search but not much).

Alex

BMW M135i
Its easy enough to get the ESP to kick in in this weather, just try a spirited pull away and it should kick in to stop the wheels spinning. Its reasonably lazy tbh, it'll let the wheels spin a little bit before it kicks in.

Black-Gold 182
do you get a light flashing on your dash that looks like a little car skidding? That's your ESP light, and when it kicks in, it flashes on and off. Likewise, if you manually turn it off, it stays switched on (that bit doesn't make sense to me either!)

Yeah, I know how it works and how to tell when its on, what im saying is it never activates, is this common or is it poss not working or just slow?

Black-Gold 182
hmmmm.. sounds like a senor not playing properly to me. Get it up to speed, and (where possible) brake hard and see if you lock your wheel up. If it does lock, (and it will!) then it could be your ABS sensor up the swanny.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its easy enough to get the ESP to kick in in this weather, just try a spirited pull away and it should kick in to stop the wheels spinning. Its reasonably lazy tbh, it'll let the wheels spin a little bit before it kicks in.

I think your on about Traction Control . ESP is a totally different thing altogether .

Black-Gold 182
don't they work off the same thing on the clios? - the traction control and ESP both work off the ABS sensors. Technically speaking, yeah, he was on about traction control, but close enough! ;)