ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 the good and the bad!

Girlfriend picked up her 182 yesterday, let me have a drive to compare to my phase 1 172, literally half a mile up a dual carriageway noticed a policeman pointing a camera at me from the side of the dual carriageway, checked speed (62 mph) carried on then noticed the tiny speed sign said 40mph!!! couldn't believe it! found out the stretch of road dropped to 40mph for around 300 yards or so, dont know why.
I'm not usually one for racing or speeding but cant believe that, gutted!

Liked the car though - really different from my ph-1, prefer the drive of mine but like the feel of the interior and the look at the rear end, prefer mine from the front.

Thought i'd go off mine and crave a 182 when she got it but i dont, i love them both but slightly prefer mine ;) feels more raw, less refined.

Renaultsport Clio 182
I agree with you on the comparisons but I prefer my 182FF to any other Clio right now.

As for the speeding ticket, I passed one 6 months ago pointing a handheld one at me and my speedo read 88mph on an A road, he never pursued me and I never heard anything about it in the post. So keep your fingers crossed!

182 Cup
Am I right in thinking that when they are using the hairdryer they have to stop you there and then? Is it not just the gatsos that enable them to send stuff out in the post?

Thats what i was wondering our_kid, it wasn't exactly a hair dryer it was different, more blocky with a cable runing from it! They did move towards their car to get in, upon which i made a bit of a getaway, a van following me flashed when we stopped at lights, pointed behind to the police and motioned me to get out of here!

If i'm fined its what i deserve for breaking the limit but its a bit of a mystery why that short stretch of road goes down to 40mph! probably to catch people out!

i maybe a bit biased on prefering driving my ph-1, its a very close thing but the powerflow exhaust i've got making a sweet sound swings it! and the fact i've not been clocked speeding by the police :D

PH1_172
they have to stop you there and then (noramally on the next slip road there is a copper waiting to pull you) and give you your ticket for the £60 and 3 points with giving you your rights etc etc if your over the speed for a 3 points and £60, they will take your details and you will be hearing from a court.
Gatso's and camera vans dont have to do this they send you one off in the post

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They don't have to stop you, infact why would they bother??

It's all for revenue, so they just write it on a postcard and send it you.

TT
when you say pointing to the side, does this mean he missed your num plate? am i right in thinking the only reason they chase after you and do it there and then is due to them not recording reg plate?

PH1_172
if a policeman catches you he must read you your rights as he has caught you commiting a crime, if you rob a bank and a policeman sees you he wont send you a letter in the post saying i saw you you naughty person lol.
By law as i understand it from my uncle a copper you must have your rights read.

Also that gun pointing at you might have been a tax/MOT/insurance Registration checking gun that they use!

RB 200 Cup!
im starting to lean towards the ph1's mostly on price but looks are getting nicer and nicer in my mind

M

mij29

Am I right in thinking that when they are using the hairdryer they have to stop you there and then? Is it not just the gatsos that enable them to send stuff out in the post?

No you can get done with out them stoppin you. Got cought doing 60 in a 30 with a hand held device and it landed on my door mat a week later. 6points and 175quid fine, this was 12years ago and haven't been done since...... Touch wood.:eek:

Yeah the car is class, both ours are getting proper cleans this weekend so i'll post some photo's on in all their shining glory :D