ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ticking and whistle

Hi guys.

Sure this has probably been addressed elsewhere so apologies before-hand but i'm just looking for answers specific to what i'm experiencing.

I have a 05 RB 182 cup and generally am very happy. I have however recently noticed some noise under load at around the 3k mark.

Very hard to describe but its kind of a ticking through the gear range initially then when it hits 3k a kind of whistle intake type sound from the front of the car.

What's the best way to takle this? I brought it from a local (non-renault) dealer and I get the impression they would not want to know about rattles unless I can substantiate what might be causing this.

If I take it into my local Renault dealership, likelyhood is they will charge me to even take a look.

Car seems to be running great apart from that and has done just 24k, so im pretty certain its nothing to do with the aux/cam belt. Read a few posts mentioning issues with the cat of the 182's.

Is it worth just bitting the bullet and getting a full stainless system to replace? Might also sounds like a stupid question but does a cat back system include the cat itself or would that be seperate?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Anthing guys?

Is it possible these noises natural to the 182 (e.g. injectors and induction) and i'm just being paranoid?

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
mines a 05 182 mate and mine does not do that if it helps it whistles as normal but no ticking

so guessing its not normal mate

It's a slight ticking on acceleration between 2.5 and 3k i'd say....and then the whistling kicks in. Reading some of the posts there is mention that this may just be the injectors. Does'nt seem to do it at all on idle. I'm probably just listening for it now though so wanted to guage what others had experienced.

I might just have to get a new exhaust to drown it out ;)

Shhh
mine ticks, been ticking for 50,000miles..

if its ticking, is all good..

though its not the carbon thing, thats when its warm on idle..

again, another thing to replace

how does the ticking stop, i assume its tappets or so..

Based in Cambridge.

There is no idle noise its only uder load between 2.5 a 3.5k, initially some ticking which is why I assumed injectors then at 3k+ a whooshing intake type sound.

Doing my head in a bit as there seems to be a number of possible causes....including paranioa.