ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 To A V6

Is there anyone that could advise me roughly as to how much more on average a V6 Clio would cost to run per year more than my 182.I would be very gratefull if anybody could please let me know.Really want one of these and i can afford insurance,i'm just after a rough difference between them.
Cheers lads

insignia
11000 miles a year

V6 = £2615 in petrol

182= £1666 in petrol

Should be easy to work out the rest insurance,service etc

Id roughly say altogether you would be looking at an extra £2 G

To be honest i was going to get a BMW 525i.Performance is not that different from my 182 but then i thought to myself,you only live once so in that time i have to have one of the fatest hatches with the meanest looks you'll ever see.Mabey not the fastest car about but its got to be one of the best looking cars.And thats what i think will make me get one.

insignia
I can guarantee If you get a V6 no matter how much spare cash youve got,It will make you sick how many times you have to fill her up.Honestly if Im driving anything thats only giving me around the 20MPG It pisses me off when I know I could have same performance doing 50mpg in a remapped deisel.

My mates got a Skoda Fabia VRS Remapped & Coilovers.

We go on long drives, his car is noticeably quicker,handles as good as mine and hes doing 45mpg.

Hate it or love it the underdogs ontop.

182 sport said:
I can guarantee If you get a V6 no matter how much spare cash youve got,It will make you sick how many times you have to fill her up.Honestly if Im driving anything thats only giving me around the 20MPG It pisses me off when I know I could have same performance doing 50mpg in a remapped deisel.

We go on long drives, his car is noticeably quicker,handles as good as mine and hes doing 45mpg.

Got to admit to look at though they are stunning.Thats some difference in fuel.Did not know there was that much of a difference.Thanks for you info.Cheers mate

insignia
CRAGS said:
Got to admit to look at though they are stunning.Thats some difference in fuel.Did not know there was that much of a difference.Thanks for you info.Cheers mate

I was being kind aswell and worked the V6 petrol at around 21mpg when really its usually around the 18-19mpg mark

182 sport said:

sorry, I have to disagree with this statement.
We have a Trophy (which is just for trackdays) we have had 172's and Cup and also we have a V6 and a BMW diesel - previously a Clio diesel - and as long as I can afford it I never resent putting petrol in the V6 - even at the moment with Optimax over £1 a litre - the car is so, so, so worth the extra cost, if you can afford it.

and it might not handle any better than a Skoda Fabia VRS remapped with coilovers, but by god it looks a million dollars in comparison !!!!!! :D :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
specialK said:
sorry, I have to disagree with this statement.
We have a Trophy (which is just for trackdays) we have had 172's and Cup and also we have a V6 and a BMW diesel - previously a Clio diesel - and as long as I can afford it I never resent putting petrol in the V6 - even at the moment with Optimax over £1 a litre - the car is so, so, so worth the extra cost, if you can afford it.

and it might not handle any better than a Skoda Fabia VRS remapped with coilovers, but by god it looks a million dollars in comparison !!!!!! :D :D

FFS, A lada looks a million dollars in comparison to a skoda.

i do over 320Miles to a tank in my 172...what does a vee do?

insignia
Ali said:
FFS, A lada looks a million dollars in comparison to a skoda.

i do over 320Miles to a tank in my 172...what does a vee do?

I like the looks of the Skoda fabias but prefer the new Golf GT TDI so thats proberbky my next car. Get roughly 450 mile to the tank in the fabia and only cost £35 to fill up.

Mondeo STTDCI
Its about disposable income at the end of the day. I can afford a V6, I can insure it, but I'd never be able to go anywhere or do anything due to fuel and servicing. And the way fuel is going....jeez.

182 sport said:
I like the looks of the Skoda fabias but prefer the new Golf GT TDI so thats proberbky my next car. Get roughly 450 mile to the tank in the fabia and only cost £35 to fill up.

I drive a Golf 2.0 TDI (50 miles a day most days) - it's better looking that the Fabia in my opinion, but it's "dead" to drive, power on, power off, brakes on, brakes off and not a lot more !!!!

^^ it does have a bigger tank, but not that much bigger - 60 litres compared with 50 litres I believe, but mine does average of 25 mpg not 21 or under -

insignia
specialK said:
I drive a Golf 2.0 TDI (50 miles a day most days) - it's better looking that the Fabia in my opinion, but it's "dead" to drive, power on, power off, brakes on, brakes off and not a lot more !!!!

If its a new Golf GT TDi Im suprised coz the handling is way better than previous generations.

Mk1 V6 Import
182 sport said:

I know which one I'd rather be in, and it isn't German...if I want 60MPG with 220BHP (Remapped) I'll take my 150PD GTTDi Golf........and the V6 will still annihilate it on all counts...and turn more heads...

Nissan 350Z
LMAO 182 Sport, you never do shut up about Fabias.

I've owned one. I wouldnt go back.

To compare it to a V6 is very, very silly. One sounds like a tractor and is common as muck, the other is a very special car. But you just dont get it.

If you love them so much why not just buy one and shut up about it.

But I can guarantee, no basic remapped Fabia will get past me even in "just" a 182.

insignia
pbirkett said:
LMAO 182 Sport, you never do shut up about Fabias.

I've owned one. I wouldnt go back.

To compare it to a V6 is very, very silly. One sounds like a tractor and is common as muck, the other is a very special car. But you just dont get it.

If you love them so much why not just buy one and shut up about it.

But I can guarantee, no basic remapped Fabia will get past me even in "just" a 182.

youve obviously never actually been in a remapped diesel obviously. It would Leave the V6 in its wake.

If you can afford a Vee, do it now and enjoy it whilst it lasts. Someday soon petrol will be priceless, we'll be taxed by the mile, and banned from driving anything vaguely noisy - running around in whisper quiet electric cars.

Vectra :(
LOL at the fabia debate :)

Remapped diesels are set to take over the world!!!!! Leaving a Vee in its wake is quite a task really mate. What you saying is that it would also quite easily stick to the ass of an EVO etc? Must be the best kept secret in the world :) i dont doubt its fast and on coilovers you could get anything to stick to the road with the right setup but seriously a fabia handing a V6 its arse on a plate....please

Nissan 350Z
Once again, LMAO.

I've been in more than one remapped diesel, including a Ibiza TDI Sport 130 remapped by Jabba to 185 (allegedly as its a well known fact a lot of RR over-rate the diesels).

They FEEL fast. ANd they are very easy to drive fast without any effort because the power is so low down....

But let me tell you, figures dont lie. These have a limited rev range and useful power only goes up to 4000 rpm at the most!

A 182 or V6 driven with intent will at very least equal, but more than likely win against a remapped diesel, unless its the highest 150/160 bhp variants remapped to 200 and then theres still going to be nothing in it.

FYI:-

Clio 182 - 1090 kg + 180 bhp (when run on 98 unleaded) = 165 bhp / tonne
Clio V6 - 1350 kg (approx) + 215 / 255 bhp = 159 / 188 bhp per tonne
Fabia vRS - 1315 kg + 185 (generous remap figure) bhp = 140 bhp / tonne

So you see buddy, the figures just dont agree with what you are saying! And when it comes to outright performance, torque doesnt really matter that much when driving flat out, its more an indicator of engine flexibility / get up and go at a certain point in the rev range....

I bet you also havent looked and saw just how spikey the torque is on a TDI. Very high peak torque, yet somehow, it cannot sustain it too well throughout the range, where it drops off severely above and below.

But I've tried have a serious discussion with you about this before, so I wont bother again, but suffice to say, you are in danger of looking like a tit in front of people who know more about cars than either of us two! :D

Nissan 350Z
Oh and BTW, how the hell did this conversation end up with a exclusive, gorgeous sounding and looking petrol rear engined rear wheel drive car being compared with a budget diesel warm hatch?????

Even if they are just as quick, what would you rather be driving? If you say the Fabia, then really, you are absolutely stone mad :D