ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 To A V6

pbirkett said:
Oh and BTW, how the hell did this conversation end up with a exclusive, gorgeous sounding and looking petrol rear engined rear wheel drive car being compared with a budget diesel warm hatch?????

Even if they are just as quick, what would you rather be driving? If you say the Fabia, then really, you are absolutely stone mad :D
I've got to agree with you Vee any day of the week

MK2 Clio V6 255
The MPG on a vee is only poor if your thrashing the nuts out of it.

Manage to 350 miles out of the tank of Ultimate Unleaded at 28mpg.

Tank full is around £60 at the mo with fuel prices.

Servicing isnt that steep, just had a 24k service and it set me back £244, reasonable I think.

Tyres can be pricey if you cant be arsed to shop about but www.mytyres.co.uk do them around the £164 price.

The Vee isnt just about peformance, its a package.....

Comfort, Speed, good looks, attention grabbing and the fact theres hardly any of them about.

Insurance Isnt that steep. You could pay just as much on many cars.

You certainly dont have to be stinking rich to own one, Trust me.

At the end of the day tho its your decision and regardless of what peeps say on here you need to be happy with your decision.

Good luck mate, Id say get the Illiad Blue but thats because Ive got one.

Dennis

E91 M Sport
pbirkett said:
Oh and BTW, how the hell did this conversation end up with a exclusive, gorgeous sounding and looking petrol rear engined rear wheel drive car being compared with a budget diesel warm hatch?????

Even if they are just as quick, what would you rather be driving? If you say the Fabia, then really, you are absolutely stone mad :D

I like you :star: ;)

172 mk2...with clima
182 sport said:
If its a new Golf GT TDi Im suprised coz the handling is way better than previous generations.

Handling and feel are two different things, and the germans are known for an uninvolving chassis; VAG especially.

An orange one
£45 to fill my mk1 V6...janspeed backbox and PiperX viper filter..

average 21mpg and 230ish to a tank town and b-road driving!

who cares..makes me smile everytime im even near it!

Megane 225 Cup
CRAGS said:
you only live once so in that time i have to have one of the fatest hatches with the meanest looks you'll ever see.Mabey not the fastest car about but its got to be one of the best looking cars

They are nice cars, but if you hammer it you wont live long ;)

CLIO V6
agree - you pay for what you get! I fill up twice a week but it is worth every penny. Depends what you use it for aswell, i went down to the Cotswalds the other week. Worked out that i got about 30mpg on the motorway going between 60-79mph

BMW Z4 3.0i
Firstly, my mate and I did back to back runs down the straight stretch of road in each other's cars. He has a new fabia vrs with remap. I'd say his car seemed to have exactly the same straight line speed as my 172, so I very much doubt he'd leave a v6 in his wake.

I would love to own a V6 because I think it would feel special owning one. All the attention and watching people reaction to "what car do you own?" "clio v6" "gasp!". I hate how many times i get a blank expression back when i tell someone i've got a 172. A guy at work was stood next to my car and asked "is it a 2 litre?" pff, jesus! I doubt you'd ever get anyone confusing a v6 with a regular clio like us 172 owners. It must be even worse for black 172 owners. "nice dynamique mate" "why i oughta!"

What happens to fuel consumption over 70mph? 5th gear ratio seems a bit short in my 172 so after 70-75mph economy drops off rapidly. Has the v6 got the same ratio and does the same thing happen?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I only use my V6 at weekends so running costs dont really bother me, haven't really noticed it to be too excessive, anyway for the V6 package a few extra pence per mile is well worth it.:cool:

E91 M Sport
^^^ Agreed, if a slight increase in fuel and a bit of extra insurance is all it costs over and above a more normal hot hatch then let's play cricket!

Nissan 350Z
I would have considered a V6 myself, but I did think it might be too expensive to run, and considering I definitely wanted a Mk2 V6 (I just like the look of them better) over the Mk1, the purchase price was out of my reach too....

Perhaps one day though I'll own one of these fantastic cars.

Hats off to Renault for having the sheer bottle for producing such an outrageous vehicle. A lot of people criticised it for its original purchase price stating you could get a 350Z or something like that, but I kind of think it misses the point. The 350Z and its peers are nice cars, but they just dont attract the kind of attention and sheer admiration of the V6.

I know they arent a lot faster than a 182 say, but they are fast enough I imagine (I mean lets face it, the 182 doesnt feel slow!) and I can imagine the torque of the engine is impressive and the glorious sound of the engine sitting just a foot behind must be amazing :)

insignia
Its just ive driven a Clio V6 Mk2 and A Remapped fabia and now which I like best as an allround car.Diesel is best.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
182 sport said:
Its just ive driven a Clio V6 Mk2 and A Remapped fabia and now which I like best as an allround car.Diesel is best.
In which case ... you're more than welcome to drive your car of choice ... and I'll drive round with a permanent smile loving my Vee.

Incredulous at the comparison is an understatement :S.

E91 M Sport
182 sport said:

That's your view, and fair enough. Just don't expect you chest hair to grow anytime soon ;)