ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 to Evo.... back to clio?

172 /megane cab
I done the same sold my cup I had from new for a wrx uk300 with in a month wanted the Clio back

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I done the same sold my cup I had from new for a wrx uk300 with in a month wanted the Clio back

Ha!! I had a Bugeye UK 300 and it was utter pap. I actually got on the phone and tried to sell it to someone while I was driving it home from the place I bought it from. The most overrated car i've ever had. The Standard Classic I had before it was better.

I don't miss my Clio in the slightest TBH. It was fantastic fun and served me well for many years, but I made sure I had well and truly grown out of it before selling it. That said, I would love to drive one again now just for a day. I suspect I'd find it extremely engaging, very fragile, and very slow. I realise this post will annoy the retards again but frankly I don't care. That's just how I expect it would feel. If I had to own another Clio now, it would be a Nimbus R27, and I'm sure I'd love it after a few weeks of getting used to not having mountains of torque.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I drove Fagans old R27 after owning my THIRD Civic Type R, and I loved it.

I'd have an R27 or a 182 trophy again in a heartbeat*

*If they were made in Japan.

Z4
I don't miss my Clio in the slightest TBH. It was fantastic fun and served me well for many years, but I made sure I had well and truly grown out of it before selling it. That said, I would love to drive one again now just for a day. I suspect I'd find it extremely engaging, very fragile, and very slow. I realise this post will annoy the retards again but frankly I don't care. That's just how I expect it would feel. If I had to own another Clio now, it would be a Nimbus R27, and I'm sure I'd love it after a few weeks of getting used to not having mountains of torque.

I'd imagine it would take some getting used to after having much more torque, but IMO if you don't have fun in a decent ph1/172cup/182 trophy you're not really a driving enthusiast.

I have never driven an R27, only a standard 197, and even that made my 182 feel like an ice cream van. The 182 felt a fair bit more urgent mind you.

I'd imagine it would take some getting used to after having much more torque, but IMO if you don't have fun in a decent ph1/172cup/182 trophy you're not really a driving enthusiast.

It's not just about having fun though is it? It's about owning them. I'd have great fun in a 182 for a day, but a day would be enough. Most of my miles now are spent crunching across Europe. Not what a small Clio is designed for. You can still be a driving enthusiast and not want a rattly heap as an everyday car.

Z4
It's not just about having fun though is it? It's about owning them. I'd have great fun in a 182 for a day, but a day would be enough. Most of my miles now are spent crunching across Europe. Not what a small Clio is designed for. You can still be a driving enthusiast and not want a rattly heap as an everyday car.

I didn't say anything about you owning one, my comment was merely pointing out if you know about drivers cars, they're hard to knock in terms of how capable they are!

An rs Clio was never designed to be a mile muncher!

PH2 172
jake its cuz u love my car to much maybe i shouldnt of took you out the other day and you of wasted all the money u get payed on them tuning parts for the evo haha

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The MPG issue is the sole problem that puts me off getting a VI. I've instantly fallen for the two I've been in, but I'd hate to get to a point where I'd have to sell it - purely because of the cnuts in Govt. increasing the fuel duty.

I do a 36 mile commute daily as well - so the petrol costs alone would be staggering. That in turn would mean getting a shed for the commute - but that's two lots of insurance, tax, MOT, servicing, etc....

D.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

A Clio would do everything a Focus RS can do if you can put up with it.

These Clio snipes are getting ever more frequent Mr Green :(

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I say fair play for getting what you want, if you're paying cash for it from your own money then who cares?!

I worked hard with 2 jobs when I was younger so at 19 I had a 2.5 year old 182, an R6 and a house!
If I was you I'd run the Clio and save s**t loads if you're not already, get on the property ladder, then once you're comfortable get an awesome car!

I want a Porsche next year if work keeps going well.

ex 182, now Evo IV
I say fair play for getting what you want, if you're paying cash for it from your own money then who cares?!

I worked hard with 2 jobs when I was younger so at 19 I had a 2.5 year old 182, an R6 and a house!
If I was you I'd run the Clio and save s**t loads if you're not already, get on the property ladder, then once you're comfortable get an awesome car!

I want a Porsche next year if work keeps going well.

yupp thats what im gonna be doing mate. :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It's the best way!

Or do it properly, have a cheap as hell van and a cheapish bike in the garage for fun and save even more!
Get a mortgage and hammer the overpayments as much and as long as you can, then when you're in your 30's you'll be laughing with a nice house with a huge equity. Then start investing.

Clio 200 FF Cup
I had a Evo 6 TM which I loved then a Clio V6 mk1 then back to an Evo 8 and today picked up a new 200. I think the Clio is cheap to run and as much fun on twisty roads and better again on track. The Evo's were miles quicker but this little Clio is much better than my old Clio V6 and does a good job of delivering smiles on demand.