ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 transmission failure

Renault Clio 182
Hey fellas.

I have a 182 and the car unable to handle gear 2. The linkage seems good, the other gears work fine. The problem came out after I made some speeding like 140mph. My first thought was the transmission fluid level lowness, but everyone else said this failure much worse. I will check the fluid level by tomorrow, I hope that's the problem.

Do you guys have any experience with this kind of failure ? If you have, how did you solved it ?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
182 boxes fail all the time, get it rebuilt if you've not broken the engine going 4th->2end.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Drop the oil ASAP. If you've damaged a synchro or a gear any swarf or metal particles in the box can then damage the bearings and the other gears, and instead of a 2rd gear replacement you'll have to change/refurb the entire box.

Renault Clio 182
Drop the oil ASAP. If you've damaged a synchro or a gear any swarf or metal particles in the box can then damage the bearings and the other gears, and instead of a 2rd gear replacement you'll have to change/refurb the entire box.
Okey. I will check everything you said.

Renault Clio 182
Some update. A part worth 50£ was worn in my gearbox, that caused the problem. It has been replaced quickly and now fine.