ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 TRIP COMPUTER

Silver 182 F/F

Just got round to reading owners manual,and noticed on trip computer it should display current consumption,mine doesnt does every one elses and do people know if these things are accurate.Also does average speed take into account been stood in traffic cause mine only get to 21MPH in the first two weeks.cheers

Renaultsport Clio 182

The on board trip computer is very accurate compared to a lot of of manufacturers. they should show the average consumption (mpg) as this relies on distance so it cant really give you a live update.

Also the actual speed on the cruise control is more accurate than the speedo dial......found this out when I fitted a road angel2.

CLIO

yea my speedo is about 5 mph out compared to the cruise control,i tested it with my sat nav which has gps position and speed to.....james

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00

Im kind of glad to hear this. Ive just bought a 172 Mk1 and mine has no instant readout either. Was going back to Renault but wont bother.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The trip is just a calculator based on throttle usage and tank capacity.

The reason why the speedo and cruise differ is because the cruise gets its speed reading from the ecu directly. (which if anyone has ever used an obd-II reader they would know this signal is much more realistic.)

Silver 182 F/F

Thanks for answearing the question on fuel consumption.Can anyone answear the question on avereage speed.

WR1 impreza

If your fuel consumption reading or your average speed reading remain the same wot ya need to do is when its showing press the reset button as you would for reseting the milage and that will clear it. Then in a couple of miles itll read what ur currently doin. Needs reseting after every journey.

Hope thats of any help!!

If you rag the car left right and centre, then it blows up; can renault try and wriggle out of its warranty agreement via a misuse arguement?

In short, can the trip computer be a little snitch in the dash?

Also, if you were suspected of speeding, is the trip info admissable?

D

Clio 182 FF
I have just looked at the last few miles on my car (round track) and there seems to be some discrepancy between the values. I am being shown,
173 Miles, 12.5 Gallons, 20 MPG.
But from working out the mpg using the millage and fuel used I get 14 MPG which seems more realistic!

Thoughts on this?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
The computer is probably generous with its MPG reading.

9 year old thread revival!

182 FF
did you reset the MPG before starting the track session or is that simply the current value displayed, which will be an average over all your journeys since the last reset

Clio 182 FF
I had reset the computer at the start. I understand it can read mpg a little favorably but it is putting out three values that simply conflict one another. Surely this shouldn't be the case?