ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Tyres what’s the deal

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Right i thought i had the answer to this ages ago but now im not so sure...

My 182 came with the cup pack, and all my tyres had a red band through the tread and a red dot on the side wall, so far so good.

My set of tyres used for racing were the same, red dots and red stripes....

then i was told that the Exalto PE2 no longer comes in two types, there is now only the reinforced version ( red dot ) and the green dot non stiffened sidewall ones now dont exsist... still with me here?

Right got two new fronts today, same order same place, but instead of a red band and a red dot i have a pink and an orange band on one and a pink and green band on the other. both pink bands are in the same place.

My question is this, WHAT THE f**k ARE THEY!!!!

Is it true that the reinforced sidewall is all thats made now?

Do the coloured dots and strips now mean nothing?

And do we still have a discount with Mytyres.co.uk

Answers on a post card please

dk

911 GTS Cab

dave182

Forum Moderator

and the Bandit
15 November 2003
4500 Posts

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 06 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 06 September 2005

The main reason the valver got forgotten is because of the williams.

And really, who gives a toss in the long run. I own a car that I enjoy and can have a right laugh in. Im also happy in the knowledge that in some situations the valver can keep with the willys and the hybrids and the 172/182s no trouble.

Havent people got bored of these threads yet?
they are better than the what colour dot have you got on your 182 cup pack tyres threads!
I dont flipping believe it, I only go and say this this morning and now one of these bloody threads has just been posted, I think I am going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Sorry to be off topic but with all due respect dave182 not everyone reads every post on this forum...

Full Fat 182 - Was..

we aim to please...

I asked the question because i wanted to know the answer, that is the point of a question, unless its a retorical one.... and if you know the answer to the question with out knowing the question then thats no good because you have just proved that you know only half what you should know, which is the same as having to ask the question in the first place....

so ill ask again to refresh you

Answers on a post card PLEASE

And if you dont like my questions then dont bloody well read them, or better still dont answer them....

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 06 September 2005
we aim to please...I asked the question because i wanted to know the answer, that is the point of a question, unless its a retorical one.... and if you know the answer to the question with out knowing the question then thats no good because you have just proved that you know only half what you should know, which is the same as having to ask the question in the first place....so ill ask again to refresh youIs it true that the reinforced sidewall is all thats made now? Do the coloured dots and strips now mean nothing?And do we still have a discount with Mytyres.co.ukAnswers on a post card PLEASEAnd if you dont like my questions then dont bloody well read them, or better still dont answer them....

well have you tried to use the very neat search function ???

dk

911 GTS Cab

we aim to please...I asked the question because i wanted to know the answer, that is the point of a question, unless its a retorical one.... and if you know the answer to the question with out knowing the question then thats no good because you have just proved that you know only half what you should know, which is the same as having to ask the question in the first place....so ill ask again to refresh youIs it true that the reinforced sidewall is all thats made now? Do the coloured dots and strips now mean nothing?And do we still have a discount with Mytyres.co.ukAnswers on a post card PLEASEAnd if you dont like my questions then dont bloody well read them, or better still dont answer them....

LOL,
Yes
Yes
and Yes

Oh and i just found it funny that i had commented on this type of thread earlier and a few hours later one appeared, we havent had one for a while and had to go through all of this last year.

Hope that answers your questions though.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

yeah search doesnt bring up anything with any real info if set to search for 1 year and using the search words, Exalto, Mitchalin, Tyres, PE2, 182 Tyres, Cup Tyres

You see thats why i asked the question because i couldnt find out with the search function, you see im not a lasy arse like some of the people on this forum, and if i have the answers to the questions then i help where i can, instead of like some people that just like to abuse...

Right i thought i had the answer to this ages ago but now im not so sure...My 182 came with the cup pack, and all my tyres had a red band through the tread and a red dot on the side wall, so far so good.My set of tyres used for racing were the same, red dots and red stripes....Right got two new fronts today, same order same place, but instead of a red band and a red dot i have a pink and an orange band on one and a pink and green band on the other. both pink bands are in the same place.then i was told that the Exalto PE2 no longer comes in two types, there is now only the reinforced version ( red dot ) and the green dot non stiffened sidewall ones now dont exsist... still with me here?My question is this, WHAT THE f**k ARE THEY!!!!Is it true that the reinforced sidewall is all thats made now? Do the coloured dots and strips now mean nothing?And do we still have a discount with Mytyres.co.ukAnswers on a post card please

Michelin obviously ran out of red ink.

Does it really matter providing that they fit the rims, rotate in a circular fashion providing a suitable level of friction between the car and asphalt to maintain your desired direction.

O yeah and...

SEARCH

Full Fat 182 - Was..

LEARN TO READ!!!

You see if you had bothered to read the posts that have been added since this tread started then you would see that i have already used the search function and it produced no results that were of any value to me.

so once again i shall ask the questions, and if you don’t know the answer dont post, if you do know the answer then please post, if you just want to be abusive then don’t post.

If you are able to follow these rules then your not a r****d and deserve a pat on the back, if you cant follow these rules then obviously you are a r****d.

And for the information of Paul_G who is only a forum user and not a member, it does matter that i have bought the correct tyre, yes they fit the rims, rotate in a circular fashion providing a suitable level of friction between the car and the road surface to maintain my desired direction, but i would like the stiffened sidewall version.

After all they are my tyres and it is my choice what rubber i choose to fit my rims with, that’s the whole point of choice, to choose. And seeing the only rubber some people that use this forum have on their rims is the type they push through it, so please correct answers only.

If you are able to follow these rules then your not a r****d and deserve a pat on the back, if you cant follow these rules then obviously you are a r****d.

And for the information of Paul_G who is only a forum user and not a member, it does matter that i have bought the correct tyre, yes they fit the rims, rotate in a circular fashion providing a suitable level of friction between the car and the road surface to maintain my desired direction, but i would like the stiffened sidewall version.

After all they are my tyres and it is my choice what rubber i choose to fit my rims with, that’s the whole point of choice, to choose. And seeing the only rubber some people that use this forum have on their rims is the type they push through it, so please correct answers only.

Theres really no need for this sort of insult, the majority of posters on here are extremely well informed and able to offer good advice for sensible problems, its just people get tired of responding to the same old queries time and time again.

O, yes I am merely a forum user but I dont see what material difference this makes, care to enlighten me?

Finally if you want a definitive answer regarding the tyres why not speak to Michelin - at the end of the day they will be the only people who can confirm either way.

Cheers

Paul

The Jinx

The guy asked a question. IMO you either answer him or piss off out of teh thread. The search function is useless ATM so stop suggesting it.

Uber tyres on the 182... so uber in fact that they are available from Costco for all makes of car.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Thank you Swervin_Mervin for your support in this matter, you deserve a pat on the back, Paul_G you still dont get it do you.

I quote from your abouve post

"The majority of posters on here are extremely well informed and able to offer good advice for sensible problems"

This is obviously not the case for you now is it, as your first responce to my tread was to open fire with complete and utter rubish, information that served no purpose other than making you out to be a smart mouth that didnt have the answer i needed.

Have you ever tried to contact Michelin direct? well if you have the number then you could be usful and post it for us all.

And as for Uber Tyres for sale in Costco, who cares where they come from, as long as the price is right (mytyres is cheaper and you dont have to be a member) then were all better off in the end

dk

911 GTS Cab

LEARN TO READ!!!

You see if you had bothered to read the posts that have been added since this tread started then you would see that i have already used the search function and it produced no results that were of any value to me.

so once again i shall ask the questions, and if you don’t know the answer dont post, if you do know the answer then please post, if you just want to be abusive then don’t post.

James, you obviously didnt bother to read my post above many hours ago, I answered all three of your questions and believe I am still the only person to answer your questions today.

Incase you missed them above they are

Yes
Yes
and yes

thankyou.

182 w/busted splitter :-(

Hi - I hope this will help:

According to my local, friendly Michelin Dealer, the correct tyres for the Renault Sport 182 are:

Cup Suspension (this includes both "Cup" variant and the 182 with the Cup Suspension as an option:

205/45 R16 83v Exalto2 with a red dot/stripe (this is the stiffened-sidewall version)

Non Cup Suspension (basically a 182 as standard with no cup-pack):
205/45 R16 83v Exalto2 with a green dot/stripe (this is the not-so stiffened sidewall version.

However, FWIW (according to Mr Tyre Dealer) he can only get the stiffend version anyway, as apparently (so he tells me) all the aftermarket Exalto 2s are the *stiffened* version!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by chriscl on 06 September 2005

Hi - I hope this will help:

According to my local, friendly Michelin Dealer, the correct tyres for the Renault Sport 182 are:

Cup Suspension (this includes both "Cup" variant and the 182 with the Cup Suspension as an option:

205/45 R16 83v Exalto2 with a red dot/stripe (this is the stiffened-sidewall version)

Non Cup Suspension (basically a 182 as standard with no cup-pack):
205/45 R16 83v Exalto2 with a green dot/stripe (this is the not-so stiffened sidewall version.

However, FWIW (according to Mr Tyre Dealer) he can only get the stiffend version anyway, as apparently (so he tells me) all the aftermarket Exalto 2s are the *stiffened* version!
this is right but they come with all different sorts of coloured stripes diamonds stars circles and elephants.

basically as long as you have the right size and speed rating they will be right ones as said before ther eis only 1 aftermarket tyre available.

The info is in a pinned post in Exterior, Power and Mechanical see FAQ - Please read before posting this info however appears to be incorrect.

Lets be honest about the its been asked a million times before thing, this is a forum new users etc will ask questions that people have asked before. The question about the dots / stripes is valid. dave182 what you are saying is contradicated in a pinned post that was written by the cliosport founder!

Change it if this info is no longer correct and try and humour or not answer at all people asking questions asked before. They may become future members.

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 06 September 2005
The guy asked a question. IMO you either answer him or piss off out of teh thread. The search function is useless ATM so stop suggesting it.

Totally agree, how about you guys just operate your own closed chat room, but make the posts available in an archive search feature (which actually works)? That way you wouldnt be bothered by people asking questions.

NOT EVREYONE READS THE FORUMS EVERY DAY, AND THE SEARCH FEATURE IS DROSS. IF YOU DONT LIKER A QUESTION, IGNORE IT AND LEAVE IT TO THOSE THAT DO.

FFS now even Dave is at it! At least provide a search feature that works before suggesting people use it before boring you all.

Any michelin tyre with a red dot on the sidewall is not class A1 round on ie. when you put it on the rim and spin it on the hub whilst still on the jack one side of the tyre will hit the ground and the opposite side will float,this is why they say to put the red dot opposite the valve to reduce the balancing weights your fitter will put on the rim.The BEST michelin tyres to get are the ones with out any dots on the side wall if you can get any choice at your dealer. Info on the above.http://www.toyo.com.au/tech_info14.htmlclicky

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 06 September 2005Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 06 September 2005The guy asked a question. IMO you either answer him or piss off out of teh thread. The search function is useless ATM so stop suggesting it.

Totally agree, how about you guys just operate your own closed chat room, but make the posts available in an archive search feature (which actually works)? That way you wouldnt be bothered by people asking questions.

NOT EVREYONE READS THE FORUMS EVERY DAY, AND THE SEARCH FEATURE IS DROSS. IF YOU DONT LIKER A QUESTION, IGNORE IT AND LEAVE IT TO THOSE THAT DO.

FFS now even Dave is at it! At least provide a search feature that works before suggesting people use it before boring you all.

Hang on Roy, if you had read my posts I never once said to use the search!!!!!

I am still the only person to have answered his questions after all these posts!!!!!

My initial posts were joking that I had only posted earlier in a different thread that the tyre dot threads used to be quite common and what happens a few hours later, one appears, so maybe all chill out a little and all note that i answered the questions!!!!!!!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by M1 2LTR on 06 September 2005
Any michelin tyre with a red dot on the sidewall is not class A1 round on ie. when you put it on the rim and spin it on the hub whilst still on the jack one side of the tyre will hit the ground and the opposite side will float,this is why they say to put the red dot opposite the valve to reduce the balancing weights your fitter will put on the rim.The BEST michelin tyres to get are the ones with out any dots on the side wall if you can get any choice at your dealer. Info on the above.http://www.toyo.com.au/tech_info14.htmlclicky

doesnt mean this is true for michelin tyres, all the cup specced 182s had red dots.

Topic and initial msg posted is very clear. Know the answer then answer, if you dont know then just read and leave.

I was interested in the post but didnt want to read through 10 layers of cr#p until the answer was reached.

Yeap the search is pants and if i knew the answer to a ques. then i would be more than happy to repeat my answer. After all, the whole idea of joining this site for me was to know more about the car i drive.

Sh#te loadsa post on Air Filters but funny how little abuse that gets ! Hmm ..... must be something to do with the air today !! :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The question has been answered, James182 if you feel it hasnt fully been answered please start a new thread.