ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs 182 with cup suspension

i thought the tyres of 182s with cup suspension had stiffer side walls than standard 182

however i cannot find any reference to this on site or on mytyres etc

was this hype

toby182

172, Tiguan

They now only make the stiffer sidewalled variant.

[Edited by jon_r on 01 March 2005 at 11:52am]

tiTTy & SV650

yup they all use Michelin Exalto 2s now. I dunno how long the 182 had different tyres? cause mines 8 months old with exalto 2s

tiTTy & SV650

I dunno, presume so! Ive never looked at mytyres, surely it tells you what youre buying?!

Types of tyres aside, Ive often wondered what the real difference between the regular 182 and the one with cup pack is (apart from dodgy platicky-looking wheels)...

People here make it sound like the one with cup packs handling is so superior but I wonder how much of that is a placebo effect? I mean, its a 200 quid option! Has anyone driven both? And was there really such an enormous difference?

Trophy 263 + 265

got a non cup 182

happy with the handling on it,also prefer the silver colour of the wheels

the others just look dirty IMHO

Its an option but its also a deletion. That is to say that the normal setup is deleted and replaced with a stiffer one (oh err). Its not like theyre adding something for the Cup suspension pack...merely fitting something different and slightly more costly.

I have not driven a normal 182 though so cant comment on the difference.

AS for the anthracite wheels, well thats down to personal choice of course. I love them, and find the normal silver ones quite bland...each to their own :)

Clio 197

A little addition to my previous post:

I did 12k in my first non-cup 182.

I was actually very nice and comfy, but still very sporty with lots of feedback.

The CUP pack likes DRY roundabouts and bends that little bit more: It feels nicer when going round them.

That said, its a bit more twitchy over all, but it all adds to the fun!

On a wet unven surface, a standard 182 would be a wee bit smoother in the bends IMO.

Quote: Originally posted by Noblelima on 01 March 2005

Types of tyres aside, Ive often wondered what the real difference between the regular 182 and the one with cup pack is (apart from dodgy platicky-looking wheels)...

People here make it sound like the one with cup packs handling is so superior but I wonder how much of that is a placebo effect? I mean, its a 200 quid option! Has anyone driven both? And was there really such an enormous difference?
Yes and yes.