ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs a 1.6 old type Civic

Full Fat 182 - Was..

There is some little tw*t in the town where i live and he was running his muth off that when the work is finished on his 1.6 civic (its had 8K spent on upgrades and mods, he was babbaling on about a spooner head gasket??? wasnt really listening coz he was chatting sh*t)

Anyway he recons that at 220BHP he can beat a TVR off the line and keep up with it, recons he kept up with a tvr at 140mph...

how belevable is all this twaddle? i personaly think its all bull, he might beable to keep up with a TVR at 140, but the fact that its 12 car lenghts infront of him and still only in 3rd gear is irrelievent...

Oppinions please

oh and he also recons it weighs the same as a metro?!?

Lee

BMW M2C

They had around 160bhp in standard trim if its the 3 door VTi. I almost had one but they handle like sh*te.

And that will be spoon, not spooner. LOL

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Dont know about beating a TVR but I can imagine that Civic being very quick

If its a B16 engined Civic (as in any Vti since 1990, CRX VT or previous generation import only Civic Type-R), then it can realistically be tuned to over 200bhp without having to resort to forced induction.

If it was lightened enough you might keep it below 1000kg, but I do doubt it.

The TVR thing might be rubbish (mind you, the old Rover V8s werent actually that fast), but against a Clio I dont see why it wouldnt actually be a bit faster.

yeah, i wouldnt underestimate it. with 8k spent on it its gonna go a wee bit. not that slow as standard to be fair

Cos the head gasket will add 20bhp for starters! lol 8k is a fair few pounds to spend on mods, you might find you could get embarassed!

Lee

BMW M2C

In standard trim a VTi could seriously trouble the 182. Its 0 - 60 was timed in the 6s.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

hummm, hummmm

Well i lobbed down a challenge last night to him so when he gets it all "finished" well see.

Id like to see how it holds up agains my friends Cosworth, now that is porpper mad, ive been in it whilst its eaten Gtos, MR2s, Scoobies and Evos

If this kid thinks his civics going to be a giant killer hes got another thing comming.

The clio is the giant killer, not some jumped up heap of jap crap, if you spent 8K on a clio 182 it would be a lot faster

anyway well see

Full Fat 182 - Was..

remember boys and girls this is some little chaver that recons its got XY and Z and had / having 8K spent on it.

Its an old 1.6 model civic, not a type R or anything special, hes just been watching the fast and the spurious too much

anyway ill let you all know

172 Cup

Id wouldnt say the Clio is a giant killer either. Good for the money but not a giant killer.

My mate has a B16A which is 250bhp, NA!! Goes past 10k though so not very driveable but it does equate to high 12/low 13s on the strip so surely that is bordering TVR speeds? Not at 140mph though..

-Rob

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 09 November 2004

remember boys and girls this is some little chaver that recons its got XY and Z and had / having 8K spent on it.

Its an old 1.6 model civic, not a type R or anything special, hes just been watching the fast and the spurious too much

anyway ill let you all know
As I said, if its a 1.6 VTi then its got close to 160bhp and 0 - 60 very close to the 182. Nothing special. LOL They still go some mate.

My bro has a 1.6vti Jordan, infact we have had 3 in our family. I have a bit of bother getting past him and his is relativly standard IK + Exhaust. I cant get away from him 4th gear +

Your 182 will be toast (no dis mate), if he has modded 8k worth. As for a TVR? Well who knows...

Renaultsport Clio 182

The CTR is not that much quicker than a 182, my best mate has one and I can outpace him to 70mph.......(legal speed limit)

Not that Im saying Im a particularly good driver or 0-60 champion but remember it not what youve got it how you use it............you have to be able to put the power the down properly else you could look like a prick in a 250bhp car being beaten from a standing start by a little old lady in an F reg 1litre Metro!!!!!

Full Fat 182 - Was..

well well all see soon enough wont we, if this little chav (that originaly told me his civic weiged 187 Kilos yes 187kilos, he doesnt know much) wins then fair enough but if hes eating my dust then he can chew on my arse burgers too while hes down there

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 09 November 2004

well well all see soon enough wont we, if this little chav (that originaly told me his civic weiged 187 Kilos yes 187kilos, he doesnt know much) wins then fair enough but if hes eating my dust then he can chew on my arse burgers too while hes down there
think maybe he missed out a zero while typing ie 1087 kilo,

There is a old shape civic in my area - its white and do not under-estimate its power! 1.6 vtec turbo kicking out well over 220bhp!!

Thats alot of power in a FWD..wouldnt handle to good, but would sure have the power..just have to put him to the test, but against ur standerd? 182, i would put my money on the civic (not being biased mind you)!

CLIO 197 Ultra red

I can certainly say that old civic vtis r quick... i had a little squirt with one in my 182. he kept me honest up to 100mph... fair enough my car only had 700 odd miles on and i wouldnt take it much past 6k rpm but they r quick.. Theres no wieght in them either. they easily as light as a clio 182 anyway.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

the 1.6 vti weigh 1250kg and only have a power to weight ration of 128bhp/tonne but still hit 60 in 7 secs flat and 100 in 21 so a fair old match for a 182 standard

yup theres a few serious civics that are often seen up the strip and they give lots of cars a run (and a pasting) for the money.... never under-estimate a properly worked civic, high revin little beasts.

also have a mate that has an old civic thats had a 1.6 crx engine dropped in it, and exhaust. i think its only around 150 bhp, but when i had a go with him in my 172 it was a lot faster than i thought it would be. i only had a car length on him by 100kph (after which i started stretching away a little more).

mighty mighty impressive for the little cash he spent on it.

like someone said before - the old vti was in the 6s to 100kph. if hes had 8k spent on it and its been shed of weight - then i reckon hell comprehensively beat the 182.

as for a tvr - well after hearing that the guy on on here with the yellow stripped valver (is it adam??) as good as kept near a porsche carerra with his stripped beast - it seems as if it wouldnt be totally out of the question for the civic and a tvr. crazier things have happened.

a 4 lite chimara is 13.5 0-100 so everything is possible, after that I woulnt like to say.

However the civic spoon in GT4 prolouge gives some great lap times;)

i would say your going to struggle, but bear in mind that he has spent 8k on it, if you spent 8k on the 182 then things might be alot different