ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Vs Aston Martin!!

182 + Cup
Before I start, there's no way in hell I would ever say that a 182 is quicker (under normal circumstances)....

Driving through Milton Keynes the other day along a stretch of DC going towards Newport I spied an 06 plate Aston a few hundred yards ahead. Not sure which one, they all look the same. He wasn't hanging around but I was in a hurry so I was giving it some beans. After a couple of roundabouts I got level with it, had a quick look, then caried on over the next roundabout, leaving him behind in the process.

Then on the next stretch of straight road he comes roaring past me at warp speed and after a couple of hundred yards pulls in again. T#sser I thought and carried on at speed towards the next roundabout. By the time the next roundabout comes I've caught him up again and didn't really think anything of it until he looks in his mirror, sees me catching up again, reaches down and grabs his mobile phone then holds it up above the steering wheel to make sure I've seen it!! He was trying to say that he wasn't going to race me because he was on the phone!!!!

Clearly the bloke couldn't drive a greasy stick up a pigs #rse and didn't want to lose face to a little Clio. What a pr!ck.

If I had a £100k motor I'm pretty sure I wouldn't rag it either, but he only managed to make himself look stooopid instead of just carrying on and leaving me alone. Yes mate, your car is faster. But your knob is clearly smaller....

Clio 1.8 16v
And the fact that the knob in the aston was on his phone was ok???

"I'm sorry Officer, I couldn't stop, I was talking to the wife about curtains"

Speeding is bad enough, but trying to talk on the phone as well....that just makes me laugh....

Sorry boys....rant over. :)

Caz 755 said:
And the fact that the knob in the aston was on his phone was ok???

"I'm sorry Officer, I couldn't stop, I was talking to the wife about curtains"

Speeding is bad enough, but trying to talk on the phone as well....that just makes me laugh....

Sorry boys....rant over. :)

It's not illegal to make a phone call whilst you are driving only to hold the phone against your ear! There's a good chance the £100K Aston has bluetooth handsfree linked in with the Linn stereo!

Megane 225 Cup
is it just me that thinks this was pointless, i mean who cares.... he could have destroyed you if he wanted.. even with a lack of skills.

And did he have his knob out the window?

How u know its small... u been looking???

mja182 said:
I'll say it before anyone else does then!
You would of had him in the twisties mate!!

I 2nd that motion! :D

I'm honoured to have owned the cars that I have because judging from their owners the SEAT Leon Cupra R is the fastest thing in a straight line (after a remap) whilst the Sport Clios corner harder and faster than an F1 car.

In fact, you only have to worry in a Clio if there's a Leon behind you that's been remapped and fitted with coilovers!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL. We probably had a gold plated phone and he was emphasising that is costs about as much as your 182. LOL

182 + Cup
Ali said:
LOL. We probably had a gold plated phone and he was emphasising that is costs about as much as your 182. LOL

Hmmmm... The phone AND the Rolex maybe.... Or maybe just the Rolex on it's own...

182 + Cup
Maybe his engine died and he was phoning the AA? Might explain why I pulled away from him?!!!

Trophy 265/500
:Sigh:

You cannot beat an Aston in the dry when it's trying. If it's wet, he might push it too far and spin, giving you a chance to get past, but that's about it. Looking on the brigt side, the Aston prolly depreciates by the value of the 182 the second it rolls off the forecourt. :)

182 + Cup
ClarkyClio said:
.....and what is the point of this thread?!

Er, it's called a story mate. Try reading it. Alternatively I think there's a new one up there about 182 vs CTR for the 500th time, that might be more up your street.

Blimey, some of the people on here...!!! :rolleyes:

One with a few more
chiefsilverback said:
I 2nd that motion! :D

I'm honoured to have owned the cars that I have because judging from their owners the SEAT Leon Cupra R is the fastest thing in a straight line (after a remap) whilst the Sport Clios corner harder and faster than an F1 car.
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Clang said:
Clearly the bloke couldn't drive a greasy stick up a pigs #rse and didn't want to lose face to a little Clio. What a pr!ck

He doesn't lose face, he has a hand built sports car, your in a shopping trolley. Why would he need to prove himself to you?

Turbos.
Clang said:
Maybe his engine died and he was phoning the AA? Might explain why I pulled away from him?!!!

If it was a baby Vantage you could be right...

I know someone with a Vantage which is on its 3rd engine. He bought a back up Vantage just in case :approve:

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
polarbert said:
He doesn't lose face, he has a hand built sports car, your in a shopping trolley. Why would he need to prove himself to you?

That is the reason there is no point in this thread Clang. I thought racing threads were banned anyway.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I love these threads, makes me smile on a warm Wednesday afternoon, while doing nothing in the office.

I'm glad you showed him a clean pair of heels.. ;)

Tyson.

Lotus Elise
i got absolutely bumraped by an aston yesterday on my way to work :( he pulled on me like i wasnt moving :dapprove: no point in even trying

182 + Cup
polarbert said:

Dunno, but he obviously felt he had to. Read it again. I was going about my business! I only overtook him because I was simply going faster, he was the one who couldn't cope with it and must have thought I wanted to race him. That would be a bit silly wouldn't it? V8 vs straight four!!!

182 + Cup
nick s said:
i got absolutely bumraped by an aston yesterday on my way to work :( he pulled on me like i wasnt moving :dapprove: no point in even trying

So did I when he put his foot down, and I was doing 70ish.

182 + Cup
ClarkyClio said:
That is the reason there is no point in this thread Clang. I thought racing threads were banned anyway.

Clarky, it wasn't a race and this isn't a race thread!!! Is that the way it comes across? That really isn't the point at all!!!

As for your posts on this thread, if it offends you so much why bother keep reading it and replying? It's a forum, used for discussion, that's what this is. It isn't for you to judge what is and what isn't worthy so just get over it. Hand pump? What you do in your own time mate is your business....