ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 VS FRP

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Faggot Wagon Wide Arch s**t Paint Smurf Interior Piss Poor Engine Edition.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You're going to haunt me for life aren't you!

TBH our local Ford garage had one of the first ones in the country. I was bought by a woman who had it until the last one was sold and then she sold it for a profit when demand was high.

It looked fairly cool. Just a shame it wasn't 200bhp on throttle bodies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol, can't remember the Swedish guy that was involved in the suspension set up.

Waitey no denying they are under powered but the cornering speed should make up the defecit slightly.

Last edited:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Flol, can't remember the Swedish guy that was involved in the suspension set up.

Waitey no denying they are under powered but the conering speed should make up the defecit slightly.

Not many cars can coner tbh

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In real world terms it's the slowest out of the 3 cars.

Waitey... Smurftastic!

racing-puma-botw-interior2.jpg

M2 Competition
Re: FRP

Flol.

I have provisionally bought a FRP.

It's in Surrey, it goes for a check over at Ford tomorrow at the sellers request to make sure he's happy with everything.

:)

My heart ruled my head in the end.

Spot on!

Following my thread, you're doing the same thing as me :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was laughing while replying to your thread, kind of brought it home how much I made the right decision!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Personally, I think that interior looks good. Bit OTT, but at least it's different with a bit of effort gone in.

It's funny (well, not really) as I was on holiday last week and got chatting with a fellow petrol head about hot hatches and he asked me my car history and vice versa... He's had a few different car models and suppliers whereas I've just been soley Clio and after mentioning the 182 he told me about the time he was looking at getting a FRP or 182. He went with a FRP and although I know little about the car I knew enough to have a brief chat and he gave me a few pointers of what he liked and disliked. I was really suprised to hear him say he didn't like the FRP and thought the LSD on it was a bit snatchy and didn't like the experience and didn't really rate it. I've not driven a car with LSD so cannot comment. In the end his got rear ended which was a shame.

But anyway, you're clearly a big FRP fan so I think you did right by getting another.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol!

Jamie only 80 came with lsd, track only requirement. I would never benefit from it.

Also can be retro fitted.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I thought they all did? Eek. Do they come with that fancy plenum with Ford Racing on it?

They look like a Paris Dakar machine to me. lol. Still awesome though.

M2 / Golf GTI
That the higher miler one on PH? Great price. I'm pretty tempted by one tbh.

Edit - Seen one on 75k as well?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know how well this has been looked after and the high miles has never bothered me.

The inlet is numbered Chris.

M2 / Golf GTI
Yeh it looks a good buy, miles wouldn't bother me tbh just as long as it is looked after which it looks to be. Enjoy it and let us know how you get on.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
good effort id have the puma over a 182, much more special plus you shouldnt loose money on it. always been a fan myself.

Iceberg 172
Congrats mate!

I wanted a FPR a little while ago when I wanted a Ford but thought they were too expensive so got an RST!!! lol... how I came to that conclusion is still beyond me!!!

I really like them though, got a great road presence... just a shame about their ride height... and apparently you ruin the handling if you mess about with it???

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You wanting a lifet to pick it up Gallister ya wee pervert, god knows i love a good road trip*

*even if we did spend about £45 in Burger king/Mcdonalds going to crewe to pick that f**king Cup up LOL

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! That day will live long in the memory!

I may fly to gatwick Dan save you any hassle aswell! Think it's roughly a 6 and a half hour drive!

Thanks for the positive comments dudes!

Listerine & Poledo
get an FRP.

it'll still be worth money in a few years' time when all the 1*2's are unloved rust-piles.

sure, they cost to keep in parts, but it is a truly motorsport-derived variant, far more so than the Renault sport offerings.