ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 V's saxo VTS modded(i hope)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
My second run at the pod in Jan I had a pop with a VTS which had exhaust decat etc and he ran a 15.9, his 3rd run he did againts a standard wrx impreza and beat it with a 15.5 which I think is damn good for a saxo. It would have been really close againts most standard 172s.

I think they are nice cars along with the 106 GTI, just light weight machines designed to make more expensive cars cry

Rob

Golf R/Leon FR
they are very fast little cars, my bro had one with full system, decat, viper and supersprint manifold, and it kept up with me easily only just about pulled away from him.
great cars and under rated

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
My sisters boyfreind has one, he has done a few small mods to it - zorst etc... I'll have to have a blast of it see what's it's like. :D he really likes it I know that :)

they get a 2nd cam power kick at about 4.5k instead of our much more fierce kick but at 5.2kish

cams and remap gets them revving to 7800/8k too.

but thats an s4.. and they even say ''he isnt doing as bad as i thought actually'' or something IIRC (Saw it year ago)

just an excuse to put the vid up...

just shows how much power some cars have...
btw didnt know it was an s4..
cheers!!

Nana' 106 GTi
Very surprised read this thread because you guys think a lot of the vts.

106 gti an vts is exactly the same car in every way bar none.

peugeot did test there cars with full tank of petrol and 1 passenger to keep insurance down.

0-60 i between 7.4 and 7.9 seconds (big debate exactly what it is in the gti/vts scene.)

Iv not raced or had a play with a 172 or 182 because in a straight line i thought itd kill me but oviously not.

especialy when theyre like this ;)

002.jpg

182 cup pack
I live in Greece and I have to say that my country is the one with the most Pugs: saxo/rallye/gti of the world.

They are nice little cars that weight ~900 kg that produce 122-125 bhp and they rev high(limiter is @ ~7600 from the factory!!) Nice cornering also....

With minor mods,such as ramcharger,groupN exhaust and remapping they get 140 bhp and they really rock then...(kg/bhp ratio = 6,4 )

If you want more you can get cams+compretion and you can get over 160 bhp!!!
Than it kills as the kg/bhp ratio is 5,6 !!

But even if a Clio 182 cup is slower than a well moded Pug I would definetely like to drive the clio and not the saxo/rallye as it is safer,more luxurious and "better" car at the end...

Clio 172 mk2
Chris1.4RT said:
Have you actually ever driven one? Brilliant cars. Out handle a 172 anyday. I've had a VTS and now the 172. To be honest I like the 172 as the all round car but for thrills the VTS wins hands down.

I'm not so snobby that I was ashamed to be in a Saxo. So what. More fun seeing people's reactions to it's speed. People slate the Saxo because being a cheap small car it's been chavved up by some young wannabes. So what. So have most cars. I've seen stacks of ridiculous egg-boxed up yoghurt potted Clios on here and around town. Almost makes me ashamed to have a 172 lol.

lol, I ain't having a rant at you mate just merely airing a few thoughts.

Point taken

I've never driven one and never will..and, like I said, it could be double the speed of my 172 and I still couldn't care...I've had a silly quick car so I've ticked that box so to speak.

I can see what your saying about the Clio though...there are some badly modified ones out there now and I can only see them becoming more common:(

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Interesting read that was.

I would never say that i would muller a VTS in my 182, but i would never back down from the challenge. They are very quick out of the box, and i respect that. On paper the 182 is quicker to 60 / 100 / 1/4 mile, whatever, but it is down to driver ability, and b****cks at the end of the day.

Great cars, just flimsy as hell..

Tyson.

Tyson-182 said:
Interesting read that was.

I would never say that i would muller a VTS in my 182, but i would never back down from the challenge. They are very quick out of the box, and i respect that. On paper the 182 is quicker to 60 / 100 / 1/4 mile, whatever, but it is down to driver ability, and b****cks at the end of the day.

Great cars, just flimsy as hell..

Tyson.

i wanted to get away from the rattles of a 106..

why the hell did a buy a clio?

FF Arctic Blue 182
I had a VTS for 2 weeks! It was that horrible and tinny to drive it was unbearable! Fast?? Yeah quite fast but when you shut the door and the roof panel does a Rolf Harris's wobble board impression?? It was an 03 reg, like I said I had it 2 weeks and traded it in for the 106 GTi, which felt much sturdier.

muz

big fat japanese bus
I met a couple of Guys with 106 GTis at crail One had 154 bhp and it gave me a good run for the money n the 1/4 barely .1 of a second in it

When me and my mate were lookingfor track cars the first 3 we looked for were VTS 106GTi and AXgt purely because of the weight. The VTS won as for 3k you can buy one that is in great order !

ex Clio 172 owner :(
muzz said:
... The VTS won as for 3k you can buy one that is in great order !

I traded my X reg (supposed 130 bhp model) in for my 172. I got £2600. It was immaculate and well looked after. It'll end up on someone's forecourt for about a grand more. £3500 for basically as hot a hatch as you can get or at least 172 performance for a snip.
:approve:

For all I love the 172, I actually miss the VTS. When driving both at speed, I prefer the Saxo. Tootling around town, on the motorway, then the looks and comfort of the Clio win hands down. I love that moment when it's parked up and you're walking back to it, it looks great. Also when you see others looking at it as you're approaching or heads turning when you drive past. That never happened in the VTS.

The irony of all this... when I got the VTS, I sooo wanted a Clio 16v but didn't get one as I had a nightmare with my old RT and the newest 16v I could buy was already 7 year old back in 2003. So for reliability, I got then a 3 year old VTS. Didn't fancy the image but couldn't find a 106 GTi. Soon as I drove the VTS, I knew I had to have it. I really love them now so long as I see them pretty much standard. Also, it's amazing how much better a VTS looks over a VTR purely from the different 15 inch Indianapolis alloys.

I'll never let anyone slate a VTS.

pic075ii.gif

Citroen DS3 DSport
Chris1.4RT said:
For all I love the 172, I actually miss the VTS.

I still miss my VTS, it was a 2000 W reg model and was in great condition. Fantastic car with many happy memories in it. I bought it 2003 with only 12k miles on the clock. The 172 is my 3rd car since selling the VTS in March 05 and I think I'll be as happy in this as I was in the Saxo.

clio 200 F4Rt
my old saxo would eat 182's etc for breakfast, but then again it did have throttle bodies etc etc etc.

fun per pound, you cant go wrong with them. If i had the money i would buy another one any day.

and as been said, strip it, few mods, you got a sub 7 seconds 0-60 and a 19 second to 100 car!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

some ol boy in swindon has got a vtr with a 106 gti lump in it.he has tuned it and pushing out about 150 bhp. i raced him down drakes way and left him miles behind!!:)

LY V6 with Recaros
I agree with everything Chris has said, I know I only had the vtr, but I miss it to bits, it was such a fun and nippy little car to drive, and as much as I love my 182, I would quite happily go back to owning a vtr/s if I suddenly couldn't afford to own it. And I hate people slating them too, I still think that they look really nice, and they do the job, cheap, fun and fast!

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
i had a vtr before, was lowered on koni sports suspension. so much fun for so little money. handling was like it was on rails. miss it is.

RB182cup&golf gti
i agree with Chris on this - VTS's are class - shame the one i had was plagued with silly niggles - bloody fast car

Citroen saxo vtr
currently drive a saxo vtr but driven a couple VTS's they are very quick little cars of course being so light, 172 has a more responsive power delivery imo, have spent a few hundred ££ on the suspension on the suspension on my vtr and it s and awesome handling thing, extremely responsive and involving, even as standard the handling is fantastic!, will soon be trading the saxo in for a phase two 172, but will be looking to buy a cheap early mk1 VTS to run along side the clio as a track car/ weekend toy!. :)

J

jamesy

well there french so ill let em slide also them 106gti are very quick same lump as a vts too:eek:

Citroen DS3 DSport
Hey Chiz, good to see you over here :) You still not found a 172? As a treat you can clean my car again :D

Citroen saxo vtr
lol a drive would be better :rasp: , found a nice one advertised in Giffnock, 03 reg, Silver, 10kmiles the garage is asking £8.5 for it, comes with a set of crappy lexarse lights but otherwise looks spotless!, just need to find some time to veiw/ test drive it. :)

M140i/Orange 182
tbh i do like saxo's (VTR,VTS) they are nippy and cheap but they have got the image of been a boyracers car thats my opinion anyway :)