ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 V's saxo VTS modded(i hope)

Lotus Elise
yeah a few times and tbh the old S4's dont exactly set the world alight and i highly doubt that was a VTS drivne to it's full petential. i've raced an S4 in my breathing modded 106 GTi and it wasn't as far ahead as you would expect. the S4 in that vid definately isnt standard

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah also the vts had 2 fucked front shocks.

car was bouncing everywhere all the time.

Lotus Elise
exactly. do you know the driver of the VTS?
an old S4 is 15.5 secs to 100mph. thats cammed VTS pace and the VTS doesnt have 4wd to get it launched so from rolling a 160bhp VTS would have the edge over an old S4 like that one. and theres no way a cammed VTS would leave a standard VTS by that far. see what i mean?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah hes a mate of mine.
but that s4 is 5.7 secs to 60 and the saxo is only about 7.5 to 60 (both standard times). so obviously its going to rape it but i kinda get what you mean but a cammed vts is not going to get 160bhp ... throttle bodies yes but not cams. the guy in the saxo kept saying the s4 was tuned lol.

Lotus Elise
glasgow182 said:
yeah hes a mate of mine.
but that s4 is 5.7 secs to 60 and the saxo is only about 7.5 to 60 (both standard times). so obviously its going to rape it but i kinda get what you mean but a cammed vts is not going to get 160bhp ... throttle bodies yes but not cams. the guy in the saxo kept saying the s4 was tuned lol.

my mates cammed VTS just got 139bhp @ the wheels and 162bhp @ the fly. they do get that sort of power. in fact theres at least 20 on SSC with that sort of power

Lotus Elise
no they do not obviously! all gti/VTS put out around the 130bhp mark standard which is common knowledge. enclosed filter, manifold and exhaust and they respond really well. takes most to the 135-140bhp mark. then a decent set of cams and a custom live map by wayne schofield sees them upto around 155-160bhp. it's not all about the peak power either on these. he maps them for good midrange pull. when my mates was mapped wayne said "do you want a pub figure or do you want your car to be fast?" basically he offered him a peak of 142bhp @ the wheels but crap mid range, or 139bhp @ the wheels but a stronger mid range. very underestimated when cammed and mapped properly and will catch alot of people out. a good example will put about 4-5 lengths on a cup/CTR to 100mph

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
nick s said:
a good example will put about 4-5 lengths on a cup/CTR to 100mph

erm I find that VERY hard to believe 4-5 lengths to 100 is pretty much the same as a 1/4 mile....

Megane Trophy
Must say there is some comedy comments in this thread:rasp:

Escpecially someone saying they have extra power at 4.5k on the second cam - someone clearly hasnt got a clue about engines there

Anyway - yeh i must admit the vts is a fast little car, in standard form i found that my 172 leaves my mates vts behind. I can imagine that after a good remap, and induction and exhaust mods they would push not far off 145bhp. Which for a car that small is very good!
I did a 1/4 mile race agaisnt one when i had my 2ltr corsa running 165bhp, the saxo had cams, headwork, remap, exhaust etc

I ran a 15.1 and he ran a 15.2, he did a few runs and they were all about the same.

But this again boils down to the driver, if someone knows where in the range the power is, where it drops off then they will be very fast.

I do however find it mad that he could make that much ground on you and pass you at such a speed. He must have internal work i would presume or i will eat my hat if they really can be that fast with those mods, considering the ones i have played with.

:D

Lotus Elise
Notorious said:
erm I find that VERY hard to believe 4-5 lengths to 100 is pretty much the same as a 1/4 mile....

yep your right. i was about 2 lenghts ahead of every CTR i raced at pod and that was before cams! i will be disappointed if im not 3-4 lengths on them by the end of 1/4 mile after my re-map. bear in mind i can do a 2.00 60ft which sees them off pretty well instantly.

brad - 15.2 is shocking for a cammed VTS! my 106 gti was doing 15.0 flat all day with just an air filter! also brad i had the same thing happen to me in windsor. vts up my arse, i gave it some and at 120 bananas he was sat right on my bumper! turned out he had a 75bhp shot of nos :) so you never know.

Megane Trophy
Nick s - yeh thats true i know about 4/5 saxos locally that run nitrous on a progressive controller.

It depends on the venue mate, mine was done at a speed trial event where they do the likes of rod tarrys sierra cosworth.
I never got to run at the pod as it always pissed it down when i got there!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Have you been to pod recently Nick? Last time I went you be looking more at 3.0 60ft times the traction was sooo non existant lol

If I could get 2.0 60fts damn....I could get some ridicolous times lol
Got any timing slips to compare?

Lotus Elise
true brad - apparantly pod is very unforgiving on times though and the like sof crail read quicker etc. onyl really a fair comparison if times were done at the same place same day.

have you seen rod tarrys website? puts himself at the top of the performance list claiming to be faster than any production car when rolling including mclaren F1. notice he hasn't added the bugatti veyron. i wonder why :D ;)

Lotus Elise
Notorious said:
Have you been to pod recently Nick? Last time I went you be looking more at 3.0 60ft times the traction was sooo non existant lol

If I could get 2.0 60fts damn....I could get some ridicolous times lol
Got any timing slips to compare?

yeah got them at home mate! i will scan one in tomorrow for you! i havn't been to pod in ages. not happy to hear baout traction though cus i wanted to go soon to get some times with the cams! i did a 15.0 @ 91mph so you can tell i must have got a good launch cus of the low terminal speed! lol. i was thinking of going up shakespeare raceway? apparantly you get more runs cus its not as busy and they properly prep the track up for better traction. you been up there?

Lotus Elise
with my re-map done im hoping for about 14.5 @ 95mph then i'll be happy.

at the mo i have BMC enclosed, 4-1 manifold, pugsport exhaust, 1.1 gearbox, stripped to 880kgs and i can do a 14.79 @ 93mph

also got catcams in but havnt done 1/4 mile cus i havnt even put my foot down till there mapped!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Never been to shakespeare county no....might have a look see this year. Unless pod sorts it's act out...need some rubber laying down I think.

Lotus Elise
yeah i fancy a trip to shakespeare! where bouts are you? would be interested to see your car if your thinking of going up there! whats been done to it? williams conversion, exhaust, filter and stripped? is that it?

Lotus Elise
never been RR'd brad but i'm guessing at the moment about 140bhp at a guess. it only weighs 880kgs, but my cams are in and it's getting re-mapped next friday so i will have a power figure then.

Lotus Elise
brad - this video was done with an air filter and a cat back exhaust and my old gearbox

http://media.putfile.com/speedo93

i know have 4-1 manifold aswell, de-cat group n exhaust and a shorter gearbox. so it's a fair bit quicker now than it is in that video but gives you an idea. i seem to have a good one i think.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
nick s said:
yeah i fancy a trip to shakespeare! where bouts are you? would be interested to see your car if your thinking of going up there! whats been done to it? williams conversion, exhaust, filter and stripped? is that it?

I'm in n/w so every drag strip is a trek for me lol Might go down not looked at the dates though.... Mine has willy engine, exhaust,decat, manifold, chip & looks like this...

Megane Trophy
right lets say yours is 140 bhp and weighs 880kgs

that gives you a figure of 159 bhp/tonne

mine was rr at 176 bhp and weighs 1095 kgs i beleive

that makes my 172 160bhp/tonne

so there pretty equal and will come down how each car can put the power down and also how good a driver you are!!

Lotus Elise
yeah it would be fairly equal. our 1/4 miles are similar aswell. when i get my re-map im looking at about 185bhp per tonne! :D cant wait!

Lotus Elise
Notorious said:
I'm in n/w so every drag strip is a trek for me lol Might go down not looked at the dates though.... Mine has willy engine, exhaust,decat, manifold, chip & looks like this...

that's mint! i think shakespeare will prb be closer for you than pod anyway? 14.3 is a rapid time! what was your 60ft? what does a standard williams get then?

Snotter's
crags dont wanna hear abou your shitting fetish,if a date is organised come along and get your ass kicked

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
nick s said:
that's mint! i think shakespeare will prb be closer for you than pod anyway? 14.3 is a rapid time! what was your 60ft? what does a standard williams get then?

Yeah I think Shakespeare would be a touch closer.....Totally stnd Williams will do around 15.2/15.3.

I did 14.3 last year when the synchro was fooked on 2nd gear as you might have noticed on the widders vid lol

last year

this year

Lotus Elise
that's rapid! can't believe you got 1 seat, that's hardcore! i've shed 70kgs from standard weight. how bout you?

CRAGGS - what do you drive? please don't say a standard 172/182 cus you obviously havn't read the whole thread.

Nippy white cup
nick s said:
that's rapid! can't believe you got 1 seat, that's hardcore! i've shed 70kgs from standard weight. how bout you?

CRAGGS - what do you drive? please don't say a standard 172/182 cus you obviously havn't read the whole thread.

But wouldn`t a std 182 have similar power to weight?

My Cup is between 185-190 bhp and with back seats out must be just under a ton...my best time was 14.1 @ 97.5mph....but how you got a 2 sec 0-60 ft time I`ll ever know!? Have you got a diff or slicks?

Chris

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
nick s said:
oh yeha, also can't widders do 14.6 now? he gets pretty poor times considering his mods! lol

Yeah I thought it would be a bit quicker I've seen a 106 tb running 14.1s at RTOC day at pod last year...

nick s said:

Usually have 2 seats in....but I took passenger out for Pod. Have'nt weighed mine but it's roughly 110kgs lighter than stnd.:approve:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Yours always seems rapid chris but it never seem to deliver on the 1/4 like it once did:S

Wonder what it'll do this year?;) 14.0 or 14.6?

Nippy white cup
I`ll be happy with anything in between tbh m8. I`ve not got the quickshift on now which will help as I didn`t like how notchy it was and struggled changing 2nd to 3rd. Plus it is faster with the ecu reset and it will be the first run with this new engine so hopefully it will be better than for the last 18 months or so..( and the cheeky 182 manifold might be on too ;) )

Chris

Lotus Elise
cant get that vid to work chris. what can it do 1/4 mile in? i doubt its under a ton with just the back seats out though, there only about 15-20kgs?

Nippy white cup
think it`s 25...but the car weighs 1021 iirc so it can`t be far off

Done a 14.1 m8...but hasn`t been right for ages...hopefully it`s getting there now...but I`ll have to see

Chris

Gareth Rallye said:
Im going on the peugeot sport owners club trackday this saturday, so i will get some video of me hopefully hunting down these little french hot hatches.

However it could be the other way round, i have two other cars one a totally standard s1 rallye and the second a modded stripped s1 rallye, 16v engine on throttle bodies.

A few weeks ago we took our cars to the weigh bridge then onto the chipwizards in rochdale for a power run. From the results, the important figure power to weight this is how they compared:

Red S1 16v 188.3bhp per tonne
Clio 182 157.1bhp per tonne

Even though the clio made more power, the weight of 1200kg compared to 820kg in the rallye, in road sense this makes me go backwards. In a straight line I cant compete with it. The torque produced from the rallye just leaves the clio.

More info here on it:

www.106rallye.co.uk/newforum/showthread.php?t=21737

So dont be surprised by these 106's alot are very heavily modded.

BTT.

Did the 182 really come out at 100 kg heavier than its supposed to?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
the link is there neil;)

1) Red S1 16v (no back seats) 820kgs
2) White s1 (no back seats) 840kgs
3) Blue S2 standard 860kgs
4) Clio 182 1120kgs

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Can i just say the car i raced was not standard and mine is, with 5k on the clock.
I cant see a problem with this car beating me as it was'nt standard.I was gunning mine on a straight as ive said and as i came up to 3 figures and going into 4th he just closed the gap with ease.
There are some good sleepers out there you know...

ian