ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs ST

iceberg phase 2 172
Ah so the Saxo was modified?

I'd be dubious over the ST having the 185 kit then, they go exceptionally well when up and above 170bhp. We had an ST a few years ago with 190bhp and it absolutley flew. Had a VTS briefly at the same time - the Fiesta was a fair bit quicker (i'm a VTS fan boy!)
it couldv been , i have no idea , im a fan of both , ive had 2 106 gti's and wouldnt mind an st at some point :)

TTRS, 172 Cup track
The Cups are favoured by men off all ages these days primarily for track day duty thanks to evo/pistonheads. I just cant believe how cheap mods and parts for the clio are.

The amount of s**t I can buy for a 172 for what wouldnt even buy me 4 tyres or brake discs for my TTRS is insane. I wish I had done this sooner!

M2 Comp
Again, perhaps reading and actually digesting what someones writing might help to you get further in life.

I said the ST is owned by those who cant afford a proper hothatch, ie the 20k ones.

Oh and just for good measure, I paid 17.8k for my brand new Cupra K1 in 2009.

The ST in all measurers, is a young boys car.

Which surely applies to a 182 even more so then?

Still not sure how this is relevant to a discussion regarding ST vs 182 though.

I love how the Saxo can keep up with almost anything on the internet.

It's 800hp down mate? Yeah but it weighs 100kg less!!!!!111

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A guy turned up to buy it - proper dodgy b*****d. He goes - "Don't need the logbook or history or that mate, just the keys." I said, well you better write a name and address on it or something. I'll be fucked if i can remember what he wrote on it but it definatley wasn't his name so f**k knows what he was planning to do with it!

But as the old boy says, moneys money regardless where its coming from lol.

225 Cup & Williams
A guy turned up to buy it - proper dodgy b*****d. He goes - "Don't need the logbook or history or that mate, just the keys." I said, well you better write a name and address on it or something. I'll be fucked if i can remember what he wrote on it but it definatley wasn't his name so f**k knows what he was planning to do with it!

LOL must have been a gypo.

ST
A guy turned up to buy it - proper dodgy b*****d. He goes - "Don't need the logbook or history or that mate, just the keys." I said, well you better write a name and address on it or something. I'll be f**ked if i can remember what he wrote on it but it definatley wasn't his name so f**k knows what he was planning to do with it!

Ohhh aye thats right, flol, what a ledge.. Prob from Airdrie!

iceberg phase 2 172
​Was there much difference in a straight line with the gtis compared to your 172 mate?

not alot of difference mate, tye clio pulls harder at higher speeds etc, the 1st gti was estimated around 150bhp and that was quicker than a standard 172, but more aggressive, the 2nd had just breathing mods (421 etc) and wouldnt be far behind a standard clio upto 80mph ish, as said tho the brakes on them were shocking, really dangerous

TTRS, 172 Cup track
I read that the TTRS is s**t? Not driven one myself.

0-60mph in 3.1 secs

0-100mph in 8.4 secs

30-130mph in 12.8 secs

Thats a manual car with just a remap.

laps bedford autodrome in 1min 21 secs. On road tyres, stock suspension, and full interior. Have a look how that compares to supercars.

But you are right, in stock form, it is kinda s**t. But with a few mods it becomes kinda epic.

Mines currently in with APR for their GTX35 conversion. 650-700HP should do nicely.

ST
Nope, after having the Colorado red ST2 last year, and having a 172, 182 and an R27, its safe to say that there are other more entertaining front drivers out there.. My current Cooper S Works for example, will piss all over the 182 and Fiesta ST all day everyday.