ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs. VW MK4 Golf 2.8 V6 4Motion??

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sorry for yet another Clio comparison!!!

but some fella at work is doin my nut in!!

what do you reckon between the two performance wise??

i think the Golf is 205bhp (rubbish considering what it packs) but the performance figures aren't the best either.

Martyn G :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The VR6 isnt a monster nor is the 4motion.

I drove a bora 4motion and was shocked how slow it was so i took out a golf and it was the same. A 172 would have one easily enough imo.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Drove my mates 2.8 V6 4 motion, very nice car, comfy, etc, and does go well when you cain it, but for me, its just too relaxed, the delivery is not brutal, and doesn't feel all that raw. Obviously a lot more torque, but i think a 182 would nail it off the line providing it wasn't all that wet. I'd have the golf over my 182 i think....

Dirty E91
Caught and stuck with one when I had my 182, I'm a rubbish driver and I stuck with him easily over DC and roundabouts.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
i`ve raced me mates old 2.8 v6 carrado (SP) down pod in my cup (standard) and had his pants down by nearly a second!!

178hp 172 Cup
the golf is not all that quick at all!! a 182 should b noticibly quicker, depending on the driver really though!! even the R32, which it the V6 4 Motions bigger brother, isn't all that quick

53 Clio's & counting
i drive all sorts of vw's as i work for vw,and the v6s are nice but only fast if you really drive them to the absolute limit,iv kept with a salesman in a 140bhp mk5 tdi up to 100 when he was driving a v6 4motion,my dsg box helped tho lol,best thing is dont listen to any comparason and just go drive each one and make your own desision bud