ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 warranty work again

BMW 120i Sport

Hi ho.. Hi ho... its off to Renault we go...

Just want to gripe that my 8000 mile 182 needs repaired again, this time its:

1) Engine knock is back when in 1st gear, engine mounts replaced last time which fixed it, but its back!

2) Brake lights dont come on until you press the pedal in by over an inch.

3) Oil leaking from around the engine bolts leaving puddles on the engine block.

4) Misfiring from cold, been in for this before and it wasnt fixed the first time.

My problems with this car is totally spoiling the ownerships and the reasons i bought it. If Renault dont fix it this time, im going to sell it / trade in because im finding this unacceptable for a car thats 9 months old.

At least its doing one thing right; living up to its reputation of being hugely unreliable, but what can i expect for a cheap car.

werent you the one who had a go at me when i complain about such things ??, or have i got you confused ?

sorry to hear your problems either way, its the exact reason i got rid of mine

BMW 120i Sport

Yes that was me, thing is; once/if i sell it ill forget about it and move on ;).

The car itself is immaculate inside and out, and i love everything about it including the performance and the smashing sound system ive fitted.

What I cant handle is the amounting, small niggling problems that just shouldnt happen; its the very reason i bought a car new so that I didnt have to go through dealership trips.

Plus its been in already for engine clunks and the misfire which the dealer didnt fix.

If its like this at 8000 miles, i cant imagine what might happen at 50000 miles or when its out of warranty :eek:.

just like mine and you wondered why i was pissed off, i dont forget and i like to spread the word :D, its what these companies need so they get there fecking arse in gear

if everbody said nothing like you want to we would put up with this sh*t forever more

BMW 120i Sport

Yeah my sisters Type R suffered a catastrophic coolant loss which cracked the cylinder head, was with Honda 5 weeks.

Fcking cars.

04 CTR

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 18 August 2005
I should have bought a Type R.

I agree!, No problems with mine (19 months old now).

1) Engine knock is back when in 1st gear, engine mounts replaced last time which fixed it, but its back! Sounds like the drivers side mount needs adjusting there should be the same amount of space all round the mount the rubber shouldnt be pressed against the metal.

2) Brake lights dont come on until you press the pedal in by over an inch. Faultly switch should be easy to fix

3) Oil leaking from around the engine bolts leaving puddles on the engine block. Leaking gasgets a bit of a common problem

4) Misfiring from cold, been in for this before and it wasnt fixed the first time. Long list of possibilities depends what they changed first time might be loom might be a sensor.

My problems with this car is totally spoiling the ownerships and the reasons i bought it. If Renault dont fix it this time, im going to sell it / trade in because im finding this unacceptable for a car thats 9 months old.

The cars are great fun shame some have a few problems with them.

Might be worth trying another dealer some are much better than others.

clio 182 black /gold

Mine does number 1 when i turn the engine off or on and number 4 every morning. I have not done anything about it because of the renault build quality and my dealer is useless

BMW 120i Sport

I was out in the car tonight, i had the tunes on and was giving the car some stick.

I just cant let go of it, its just so much fun to drive and to throw into corners. Best of all are the xenons at night, i couldnt go to a car without them.

If Renault get the niggles fixed, I wont change it; but I will be forced to if these problems go on.

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Leeshez on 18 August 2005
Mine does number 1 when i turn the engine off or on and number 4 every morning. I have not done anything about it because of the renault build quality and my dealer is useless

Yeah I get the clunking as the car starts and stops.

I was out in the car tonight, i had the tunes on and was giving the car some stick.

I just cant let go of it, its just so much fun to drive and to throw into corners. Best of all are the xenons at night, i couldnt go to a car without them.

If Renault get the niggles fixed, I wont change it; but I will be forced to if these problems go on.
mate, i have had a lot of cars - the last 8 being new. Ive had 4 new vws a BMW and others

most cars give problems when new in some way or another. The BMW had to have the hydraulic cam followers replaced after a month. Ive had missfiring from a gti golf and various knocks etc.

The 3 clios ive had were used and never had any trouble with really - which proves my point if you stick it out and get the niggles fixed you should be ok.

I think the mk1 172 is the most reliable of the current clio 172/182 range