ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wheels on a not so 182 clio... :D

Chelsea tractor
I've been offered a set of these wheels at £250 (16 inch anthracite cup pack wheels i think) and i've got a couple of questions for the slightly more knowledgable folk ;)

cliorebuild15jt3.jpg

a) Is that a good price? bearing in mind that one of them is faily scuffed
b) Will they foul at all? I think my wheels are currently ET37's and these I think are ET45. So at a guess i'd need 5-7mm spacers and longer bolts? (Tyre size on mine is 175/65/r14 and these are 205/45/r16)

I have a Silver 2000 Clio Si if that makes any difference to asthetics or technical views... Just think they'd look quite nice as i'm not too keen to go for 17's (at 120hp i don't think my car is quite powerful enough for them!) and i need some wheels with summer tyres as i still have my winter tyes on from last year!

Last edited:
  Mercedes C Class Sport
Thats a good price yeah mate
Give me a shout if you dont want them as I'll willingly take them off the sellers hand :)

VX220 Turbo
nope those two tires in the pics are definatly different.

just wait till you've tried two differnet tread patterns on the front of a car in the rain it's not fun when one wheel cuts through the water better than the other.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
250's cheap but its all about the tires... 4 bald ones could cost you another 250+ to replace.....

id want near £400 for mine

Chelsea tractor
They are the same, but one had a puncture i think so it was replaced with the same tyre - but obviously the new version of the tyre had a slightly different tread pattern.

Would that make a lot of difference in the wet? I realise that they're not going to perform as well as my Michelin Alpin (winter) tyres in not-so-dry conditions (which to be honest feel like they are covered in araldite)... Would it be better to get 2 of the same type and tread across the same axle?

Chelsea tractor
250's cheap but its all about the tires... 4 bald ones could cost you another 250+ to replace.....

id want near £400 for mine

Tyres have about 6mm tread left so they're not too bad. Not sure what summer tyres are but i know my winter ones when new had 9mm :)

edit: sorry about the double post - i tried to merge the two but it wouldn't let me :(

Chelsea tractor
Yeah i did think that to be honest. I'd probably end up replacing them fairly soon in that case.