ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Where from

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Anyone know a good place to get one from ,I dont wanna be travelling miles to pick one up im based in burton on trent area and ive just got a price on a racing blue brand new for 14,000 but i dunna want to be paying that.

Cam ayone recommend a place to get 1 from ,Im also wanting to be trading my dynamique in which i still ow finacne on.

Any ideas on the best places and prices to be paying old / new,Thanks

BMW M3

Well if you by-pass the dealers and get one from a car supermarket i would recommend motorpoint. I got my 182 from there and got great service and the car has had no problems even after 11 months. Got mine for £11699 with 6 miles, Brand new... as long as you dont mind it being an import and the 2nd regestered keeper.

Oh, and only 2 years warranty

[Edited by Justin182 on 06 July 2005 at 9:25pm]

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Thanks some great prices on there site i think ill have to have a nip down to have a look,Just 1 thing with it not being uk spec and an import will this affect insurance at all do you know,As im 19 and have found insurance for 2000 with elephant which i think is a good price as i paid that on my 1.25 fiesta when i had it.

Do all insurance companys especially elephant accept imported cars do you know and will it be dearer at all do you think,Thanks

[Edited by J273 on 06 July 2005 at 10:22pm]

Focus RS,Golf GTD

bought mine from motorpoint 4 weeks ago. 9miles on clock and im on log book first and got full 3 year uk warranty. 11699. just pop in and pick your colour. top service too.

BMW M3

Yeh... when i got my 182 from MP, elephant insured it no probs.

Sime46: I take it your 182 wasnt pre-regestered, The only 182 they had when i bought were pre regs. How did you manage 3 years warranty?... doesnt buying anywhere other then dealership lower warranty by 1 year?

Focus RS,Golf GTD

thats right johnny. mine was unregistered so i got to be on book first. reg with reault uk for 3rd years warranty.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I bought a brand new Megane Scenic from Motorpoint 2 months ago.Great for chucking dogs in and out of and well pleased with it but thats another story.

I actually have 3 years and 2 months warranty on mine.It came with 2 years 2 months of its Renault warranty remaining and i took a further year with their warranty company to give me extra cover.The service at Motorpoint is first class and i picked mine up the day after viewing it with only delivery miles on the clock.Mine was actually specced higher than standard with alloys,metalic paint,6 speaker Cd and air con.

The downsides are that im down as the 2nd owner and it doesnt have glass etching.

I saved about 5k compared to a dealer list price so well worth it IMO

With regards to the warranty,i spoke to Renault Uk to find out why i had lost 9 months of the Renault warranty and was told something along the lines of...The warranty starts when the vechicle is registered in this country,so the company who imported it did the original paperwork and the warranty started.I finally took delivery about 9 months after it arrived in this country so i assume it was in storage during that time.

That doesnt bother me in the slightest considering the savings.Had the Megane over 2 months now and its been perfect.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by johnnyb on 06 July 2005

I think you just need to register your car with Renault UK to get the extra years warranty.

If the car is unregistered it comes with 2 years and you can indeed ring Renault to get the 3rd year at no extra cost.

However if its an import and pre registered like my Megane,the warranty starts from the date of first registration.You might be told it comes with 2 years like i was but ring Renault to find out the exact date and you might find that even though its allready started you have more than 2 years left to run.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by Justin182 on 06 July 2005
Well if you by-pass the dealers and get one from a car supermarket i would recommend motorpoint. I got my 182 from there and got great service and the car has had no problems even after 11 months. Got mine for £11699 with 6 miles, Brand new... as long as you dont mind it being an import and the 2nd regestered keeper.Oh, and only 2 years warranty

[Edited by Justin182 on 06 July 2005 at 9:25pm]

With you saying it being an import ,will this affect the insurance at all like make it higher also if im filling in online forms for insurance quotes and put in the plate can they tell its an import from the reg,Thanks
:confused: :confused:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

theyve been taken over now though havent they mate and ive heard the prices have gone up,Ive looked on there site and theres no 182s on there,Are all there cars on there website do you know or not,Thanks

[Edited by J273 on 7/12/2005 8:07:14 PM]

The import doesnt affect insurance - its just the insurance company likes to know where the cars come from.

As for the 2 yr warranty thing its a myth, as of Dec 2003 all imorts have 3yrs warranty automatically (starting when first sold), however renault like it if you call them up and let them know the car is in the country as when you take it to a garage they will check your car history through a database.

[Edited by robd on 12 July 2005 at 8:15pm]

renaultsport clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by J273 on 12 July 2005

theyve been taken over now though havent they mate and ive heard the prices have gone up,Ive looked on there site and theres no 182s on there,Are all there cars on there website do you know or not,Thanks

[Edited by J273 on 7/12/2005 8:07:14 PM]
oops did not know mate as ime from barnsley,got my phase1 172 from there last year thats when i noticed them so motorpoint is probably your best bet.

mine was £12024 with 3yr warranty and 1 yr RFL - standard with metallic paint...bought in May. Picked it up in Stafford.

[Edited by Brooktop on 13 July 2005 at 4:46pm]

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

To be hoesnt mate Id wait for the new clio to come out and buy one then, as the prices will be upto £1000 cheaper!

Or buy a 111 shape clio?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Been to motorpoint today and got a quote on mine .etc and they came back with a price of 299 a month for 5 years at 11.9% and only offerd me 4100 on mine but as i still ow 5300 on mine in finance thats probably why the payments are so high,I would of thought though that mines worth more than that for a trade in wot do you think:

Clio dynamique 1.2 3 door
03 plate 21000 miles
no air con
Immaculate condition

Also been told about virgin cars online and have heard they are good as anyone dealt with them before?

Thanks

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Well im still on the look out for a 182 really wanting a racing blue 1 .

Does anyone know any other places around the derby area that have got any 182s preferably racing blue or any places thatll deliver and collect your old car at the same time as i dont want to be driving miles to find one.

Still undecided on whether to go with motorpoint or not.As i still owe 5,000 on my car and they offerd me 4,100 trade in. what i was thinking though was to say pay another grand off on my car with the money i have saved up which will leave me owing 4,000 or there abouts which is what motorpoint valued mine at and if i do that i will be starting a fresh with motorpoint ,what would you do?

Focus RS,Golf GTD

sunwins at mansfield have got a couple of spanking new 182s in artic blue with both cup packs on for 12995. proper uk cars but pre reg. just chopped my motorpoint sourced 182 in for one of these beuties. absolutly mega car and proper bargain from a main agent which is rare!

dk

911 GTS Cab

best place i have found is http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com

UK carm UK spec, un-registered delivered from a UK Renault dealer so no drawbacks.

Can either take their finance or finance it yourself and they do tradeins, and also offer the same discount off the options chosen.

First class service and very cheap, fully recommend them.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 08 August 2005

best place i have found is http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com

UK carm UK spec, un-registered delivered from a UK Renault dealer so no drawbacks.

Can either take their finance or finance it yourself and they do tradeins, and also offer the same discount off the options chosen.
so wi
First class service and very cheap, fully recommend them.

Ok cheers ill have a look do you know if theyll do part ex /trade in and will pick up your car,Thanks

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

mmm just had a look but cant seem to find any 182s on there site

LY V6 with Recaros

ive just bought my 182 from carselect, i had to give them a call, get the number from the website, and just ask them to give you a quote, theyre very helpful, and send out all the information you need the following day, got a brand new 55reg for 12,209 with cup packs, have to wait til october tho