ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 WITH K+N ANYONE

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by steamywindows on 25 June 2005

thats why they have sold so many ;) anyone please i beg you
i think coco meant people dont use em in 172 / 182 cause the set up doesnt work too well...

set up is similar in most cars as it usually sits directly off the air intake which is most often at the back above the engine, where all the hot air sits...

Quote: Originally posted by steamywindows on 25 June 2005

its ok im not getting one i just need a picture of one to show somebody i cant find one anywhere:( im going to cry

I think people are trying to tell you, its unlikely you will find a pic of a 172/182 with one fitted as they are crap and people know its not worth fitting it in the 1st place.

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 25 June 2005

u can check out mine on my 1.4, but ive re-located it to go down by the battery and have a front air feed from bumper, coz it was sat right infront of the radiator originally!

in retrospect i should have got a pipercross or just something thats sealed and that goes right to the bumper..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/837970http://www.cardomain.com/ride/837970

enjoy!
nice one thanks for the help young un:D

182 Full Fat

Ive got a K and N 57i kit. I know a lot of people on here say it affects performance, but I only really notice it on hot days like we had last week. Plus I love the sound. So just wondered what generation 2 was like, and what most people on here also think of the typhoon induction kit?

Suzuki SV1000S

Well I have a K&N 57i kit and I am running 181bhp so it cant be all bad eh!

And Yes sound is f***ing awesome - Have a look at the installation instructions on k&Ns site to see what the typhoon looks like

They are expensive though at about £280, generation 2 kits are about the £220 mark too.

Suzuki SV1000S

Definately mate - The K&Ns are all open and cotton gauze - Giving that lovely raspy sound - Unfortunately when you have a 4" bore Stainless Pipe from the manifold back (like myself lol) you cant hear anything else

182 Full Fat

Yeah, I love the sound of mine, turns a lot of heads. Does anyone know if the Generation 2 ones sound as goos? Im thinking of getting one for the birds Cooper S.

George 16v, is that 181bhp at the drive wheels? Thats good. and defo agree, love the sound

Standard 182s are about 150-160 at the drive wheels arent they? 57i kit must have out 4 or 5 bhp on that??

Cant beat em for sound, i met a 172 owner some time ago at a trackday and he had one on his. Was one of the loudest cars there and it was the only modification on the car.

-Rob

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Dont have any pics of the Gen 2 yet.. will make sure i get some at the next Breakfast run, on the 17th and post them up..(dont have a digi camera at the mo..)

Must say tho.. its wicked.. even in 35 degrees the other weekend, it was still pulling strong.. and sounds the same..

182 Full Fat

Yeah Typhoon looks smart, but Id love to hear it. Is it anything near as loud as K&N?

I was starting to think no one liked K&N kits, but it seems quite a few people on here have em.

i had my k+n on before i got my exhaust and i loved it sounded not too loud just perfect then i got my exhaust on and it was too loud i thought it was the exhaust.yesterday i took my k+n off cos im selling my car and its 100% better to drive.when you set off from cold it doesnt judder and lose power and you can hear the woman on the sat nav speaking its shame im selling :cry:

182 Full Fat

Yeah car is lumpy when cold, but you still cant beat the noise it makes. Im looking at getting Hayward and scott twin pipes on my 182 next like 182WRC has done.

Eskissbest i have forwarded you a copy of PM about induction hole.

Suzuki SV1000S

The Generation two kit will sound just as good as the 57i kit because it is the similar just comes with a heatshiled etc, The typhoon kit is only listed for the mk1 172 at the mo. but would fit a mk2 aswell and it is again a similar filter (cotton gause) but it relocates it to under the battery looks mad!

If you look at this post I have added some links to there site - look at the installation instructions and you can see more pics!!

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=169081&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=169081&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=1

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 28 June 2005

And Yes sound is f***ing awesome - Have a look at the installation instructions on k&Ns site to see what the typhoon looks like

They are expensive though at about £280, generation 2 kits are about the £220 mark too.

what were the wheather conditions??? and ill hazard a guess that the bonnet was up???

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 29 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 28 June 2005

what were the wheather conditions??? and ill hazard a guess that the bonnet was up???
I have had that 3 times now mate, weather conditions were different lol - Had the bonnet up yeah, but the first run I ran 179 and we realised the guy had the fan facing the wrong way lol. But we ran the same day in the morning before I had the ecu re-done I got 176bhp - Am intreguied to see what I will get now that I have knocked the baffles out and got a 4" bore pipe manifold back - Probably lost back pressure, but hay, it sounds good!

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Ive used one of these, which is mounted behind the lower grill and connected to the cold feed pipe... Not sure exactly how much it would improve it, but cant hurt as it has a larger air catchment.. need to be trimmed a bit and connected with a jubilee clip. the hose then feeds nicely around the side of the rad..

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?PCODE=MSD7020&GRP=MP109&PGRP=M008&CLS=MSPORT&code=MSD7020&from=searchhttp://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?PCODE=MSD7020&GRP=MP109&PGRP=M008&CLS=MSPORT&code=MSD7020&from=search

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/JamesBushell/brakeduct.jpg

182 Full Fat

James,

Have you got any pictures of it fitted to the car? Does the air come in through the lower grill? Space must be a little tight?

Any pics appreciaited

Suzuki SV1000S

Great idea that dude!

I dont know why they got rid of the vents for the mk2 - On the mk1 the cold air pipes are attached to the vents in the front bumper - perfect really!

Remember how hard it was to fit the cold air pipe on my cup, scrapes all the way up my arm,

But that is a great idea matey - They do a clear one too I notice