ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 won't start

Clio 182
Ok, so I took my 182 off the road about 1-2 months ago as needed a few things done (Cat and other things) anyway, seeing about getting it back on the road. Going back to it, the battery was dead which I expected, and I poped the bonnet and set about getting some charge in the battery to start the engine. But instead of starting all I get is a very rapid and loud clicking sound from the engine. he battery isn't more than 1 1/2 years old.

What could it be?

Clio 182
Could it be the imobilizer? or may be the starter motor? Maybe the battery is dead and cannot hold a charge? Spark plugs need changing/cleaning? Engine needs replacing? Code been wiped from key?

Clio 182
I got it fixed, nothing to do with the battery. For some reason the key/immobilizer on the car forgot the code so had tyo leve the key in the ingnition (whiched on) to reset it. Started first time.

Thanks for the help though guys, don't know what I would have done with all the feedback. Really made me realise how forthcoming and helpful everyone on this site is.