ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 won't start

Focus
As per title, dash lights coming on, immobiliser going out but am literally getting nothing at all when I turn the key, no click nothing. Tried some jump leads out of interest but nothing. It had a starter last year according to receipts but am lost, any suggestions? It doesn't appear to be battery/immobiliser as mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Start by checking some basics first.

Battery voltage measured as good?
Fuse on the battery + terminal intact?
Battery connections tight?
Earth points cleans and intact?
Will the vehicle bump start?

Mick

Focus
Thanks for the response.

I tried to bump start the car this morning but nothing, dash lights were still on but nothing happened! When you mean check earths where abouts are they?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Engine bay: gearbox, chassis rail and sometimes on the front of the block. Make sure they are connected, clean and not broken?

I'd also be looking at the relays in the engine bay for signs of corrosion

Focus
All the earths seem ok and I'm not particularly mechanically minded so unsure about the relays? They are under the fuse box next to the battery arnt they? Think I may need to get it recovered to a garage haha.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, the relays are in the black box near the battery.

If you're not sure or confident in your ability then it's prob best you get it looked at properly. I'd offer my services but I don't think your close to Nottingham.

Mick
Diamond Motors