ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 won't start

Clio 182
Car had the solid immobiliser light on dash. It would sometimes turn over for 3 seconds and stop but if you turned the key slowly it wouldn't turn over at all. I was told this was an immobiliser fault by the rac man with my key not being recognised or the ring at the ignition barrel not working. Tried my spare key still no joy so I read a few threads on here and realised its not immobiliser it's something else. I couldn't here the fuel pump priming and saw somebody had wrote on another thread "it's French wiggle the fusses and relays" thought why not did it and it started lol! Well checked my relays and people on here suggest swapping 2 or 3 small black ones,I believe this is the setup on the 172? Correct me if I'm wrong but on my 182 there are 3 brown and 2 big violet iirc the browns where fine but the big 50a violet one was badly corroded. I cleaned it up and it's been ok since going to replace the relay anyway. Would like to thank the other people for their posts as they helped me a lot and I hope this helps someone else aswell. Cheers.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I had this problem, turned out to be a loose earth strap and the earth in the engine loom snapped!

clio sport 182
had this problem on the 182 mate,found that it was a loose connector on the starter motor,replaced connector and no more problems.AA guy was renault mechanic and said it was a common fault.worth a try.

Clio 182
Well had the problem repeat itself on me 3 times now have only had chance to look at it on my breaks at work I still believe it to be a relay but not that particular one, anyone have a 182 fuse and relay diagram or info on what does what? Will update if I find out more.