ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182ff revving itself

Clio 182
My 2005 182FF has developed an intermittent throttle issue.
Drives ok 99% of the time but every now and again I stop at traffic lights (usually once up to temp) it’ll rev itself to 2k & hold making me look a proper nob;

serv & electric lights come on with the throttle pedal completely unresponsive. If i restart the car goes back to normal.

Couple of questions,

1. With it being intermittent I’m wondering; would this point more towards wiring/connections opposed to the TB/pedal itself or is it possible for parts to be intermittent?

Had a surface look at the wirring nothing obvious but then haven’t much idea what I’m doing haha Also gave the TB a good clean to no avail.

2. I’ve read about the white connector which I’m yet to clean looks filthy; could this cause such things / would it be a worthy endeavour cleaning this?

Bit reluctant taking this issue to my usual mechanic as I’m not sure it’ll be sorted efficiently. Any recommendations for garages around london who can diagnose such things efficiently greatly welcome

Cheers !!

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I would start with cleaning the white plug in the engine bay fuse box, if that doesn’t help I would going down the route of a pedal or throttle body

Clio 182
I would start with cleaning the white plug in the engine bay fuse box, if that doesn’t help I would going down the route of a pedal or throttle body
Cheers will try connector tomorrow . Have you had a similar issue? Finding it hard to wrap my head round the fact it could be that simple after all the heartache it’s given me 😂

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Cheers will try connector tomorrow . Have you had a similar issue? Finding it hard to wrap my head round the fact it could be that simple after all the heartache it’s given me 😂
I personally haven’t, but I’ve had the same symptoms on one of the many I’ve owned and a pedal fixed it. But I’ve seen plenty where the connector is a bit corroded and causes that issue too. French electrics 😂

Clio 182
I personally haven’t, but I’ve had the same symptoms on one of the many I’ve owned and a pedal fixed it. But I’ve seen plenty where the connector is a bit corroded and causes that issue too. French electrics 😂
Yeah can see how 1 can lead to another they’re brilliant apart from the electrics being made from croissants haha shouldn’t be too bad by sounds of it. Will update once cleaned! Nice one