ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182s - Increasing in Value?

Cupped 182 with Recaros
been tracking prices for 55 plate 182s on Parkers since I bought mine last summer, price for Private Good condition FF has increased in last few months to £10,400, was below £10k a few months back!

Any theories on why? I reckon it's cos the 197 was not that we received, hence people who had £15k for a 197 are now looking at buying a late 182 instead and saving a few k.

(BTW, FF182 is also apparantly worth £500 more than a Trophy!)

The 197 is well recieved very popular car realy its just for the frst part of the year there going to be sold near full price so people say 197 £14k or so and a 182 is therfore not that cheap realy as its still a great car its always going to happed when the price of the 197 drops the 182 will be older therefore will be worth less.

Cupped 182 with Recaros
The 197 is well recieved very popular car realy its just for the frst part of the year there going to be sold near full price so people say 197 £14k or so and a 182 is therfore not that cheap realy as its still a great car its always going to happed when the price of the 197 drops the 182 will be older therefore will be worth less.

i think i know what you mean but some punctuation would have been a nice addition...!

Tangoed Works
I have2 say the ff182 is very good value 4 money which is why I purchase it in the first place. very cheap to run, excellent economy if driven sensibly and comfortable considering the cars sporting credentials.

I will be keeping for the forseeable future and not be wasting money upgrading cars for the sake of it.

i think i know what you mean but some punctuation would have been a nice addition...!

Capital I

182... again!
I'd be surprised if they really are going up in value!

Shame you pulled up Edde, who always offers great advice and tips...good that you cocked up too...Lol

Never found Parkers etc remotely reliable for the Renaultsport models. When I was selling my Cup the values were all over the place (usually massively inflated), nothing remotely like what they were actually selling for here and elsewhere.

Autotrader -5% is usually more reliable!

Integra Type-R
No, parkers is horrible. All over the place with shocking information apart from obvious things like Ins.Grp's etc... 182's will not increase in value, something like the Trophy however, could well do in the future.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
No, parkers is horrible. All over the place with shocking information apart from obvious things like Ins.Grp's etc... 182's will not increase in value, something like the Trophy however, could well do in the future.

For a laugh i asked my local renault dealer what they would give me for mine against a 197, seeems more than i paid for it.
The sales guy thought the trophy was the best point to point produced.

133/225/CLS AMG
From what I can gather, the release of the 197 has actually steadied the prices of the 182s, rather than causing them to plummet like the 172 did when the 182 came out.

My missus bought an 05 reg 182 Cup for £9500 with 6500 miles on it last summer. I would expect that she could sell it for about £8.7k at least with 11000 miles on it now. I bought a 172, new for £12500 and within 6 months it was worth £2500 less at least.

Lee

BMW M2C
When the Trophy was readily available the price dropped like a lead balloon, thanks in part to Steve at All Vehicles banging them out so cheap. Now it's the opposite, and because Steve moves so many of them he's keeping the prices up now they are much harder to get hold of.

clio 182 black /gold
I have just been to Kitchens of Burnley and they have 172 sport 53 reg for £8795 that is way too much money.