ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18k service

Fabia vRS

hi all

18k service on satday..wats it include? costing me £175

do i need to take my Induction kit off, to keep my warrenty? and put the old un back on, even though ive thrown my old filter, would mean buying a new one

cheers

Fabia vRS

Just found my service book:-

Bodywork
Engine oil, filter, exhaust inspection
Brake pads, brake fluid
Power Steering, windscreen wash, coolant,
CV boots
Tyre pressure, tread
Bulbs, battery, mirrors, wipers

Fabia vRS

nothing about the air filter, so might just slip the air filter casing on in the yard, and not risk leaving the induction kit on.

New air filter is 82 00 104 272 FILTER CARTRIDGC2 £7.20 ex vat if you want one.

I wouldnt bother unless its warently work as well which revolves round the engine which they might kick up a fuss about.

You should be able to get it cheaper than that though I paid £99 for mine from a proper dealer that was the book price as well.

Dont let them do the other stuff as they charge a fortune ie brake pads cos £20 a 2hrs of your time to do wippers can be got for less than they charge as well.

Fabia vRS

The price of a dealership service is scandolous!!!!!!!!!!

Washer - - £1

10/40 Engine Oil - - £24.60

Oil Filter - - £6.05

Carrying out 18,000 service - - £97.00

VAT - - £22.46

Wat the f**k is that all about, it dont cost £97 worth of labour to do some checks, and change the engine oil and filter....scandolous!!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if its a 1.2 16v then the air filter is changed at 18k.

most dealers arent bothered about ik etc

Ford Fiesta

my service for my dynamaique was about £95 I think and that was from a usually expensive dealer, most are checks so should be too much, seems expensive that