ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195/50/15 clio ph1 172 tyres

Clio 172 ph1
Hi guys what do you recommend tyre wise for my clio 172 ph1,not driven everyday I only use it weekend for a fast Sunday drive and might do a few trackdays,so a bit of fast road and track
cheers

RB 182 cup
195 50 15 is a cheap tire size thankfully. Ive got 2118s on mine with that size.

I have Yoko Prade spec 2s. roughly going to be paying about £40 a tire, but bloody hell they are good on the road!

Prada spec 2's are s**t.

If you do low mileage Id take a look at the federal 595 RS-R, they are more a track tyre but Ive used them on the road loads and they are fine. I done about 6k on a set and they hardly wore.

Im now running Pilot sport 3's, very impressed by them and they definitely make the car feel good on the road. Bit more pricey though.

Twingo GT
Prada spec 2's are s**t.

If you do low mileage Id take a look at the federal 595 RS-R, they are more a track tyre but Ive used them on the road loads and they are fine. I done about 6k on a set and they hardly wore.

Im now running Pilot sport 3's, very impressed by them and they definitely make the car feel good on the road. Bit more pricey though.
Yeah PS3s are really good for all road conditions, depends how much you use the car really RSRs are a bit extreme for the road in my humblist opinion

RB 182 cup
wow that surprises me, mine are nearly bald on the back so i will consider some others. I bought the car with them on, and though i do a decent amount of miles i was considering buying some more because i have been very impressed by them.

What sort of milage do Ad08s do?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I use Federal RSR on road and track, saves having multiple sets of wheels. They're great in the wet and dry and cheap to replace. I was considering other tyres but they cost over double what the RSR cost.

Twingo GT
wow that surprises me, mine are nearly bald on the back so i will consider some others. I bought the car with them on, and though i do a decent amount of miles i was considering buying some more because i have been very impressed by them.

What sort of milage do Ad08s do?
About 7K on the road