ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195/50/15 recommendations

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Hi all. I'm running the as said tire size above. I'm looking to buy 4 new tires all around but having trouble knowing which is best to go for. I'm coming from R888's so the level of grip wanted is high but not with the level and speedy mess of wear. Lol. I was looking at Yokohamas on cam skills for around £47 a corner but I have no idea how these work on the road. So can someone please shed some light on these tires and also any others that are worth looking at.

Much appreciated. Josh.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I need some more and think I'm going to choose the yokohama parada spec 2.

PE2's are also an option as are some toyo r888's, still deciding atm lol.

wot ever you do dont get eagle f1's great grip in all conditions but wear out quick as hell far to soft...got the same problem but im thinking about going back to vreisteins sportac's

forgot my tyre's are 195-45-16 sorry

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
So you want something the oposite end to 888's if so go with the uniroyal raisnport 2's..

If you want something similar to 888's bu better in wet and tyre wear go for Federal 595 RSR and they are considerably cheaper..

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
parada bit naff imo ok in the dry horrid in the wet

Hmm yeah I'm bit stuck with what to go for really.

The paradas haven't been too bad with me I suppose they let go reasonably easy but it doesn't seem to snap, In the wet though it seems fine unless you try and push it.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I need some more and think I'm going to choose the yokohama parada spec 2.

PE2's are also an option as are some toyo r888's, still deciding atm lol.

Dont be using R888's for road use buddy. Don't get me wrong, the level of grip is insane but once you know you've got them on all 4 corners you will use them to their advantage and they will be bold before you know it. Mine lasted about 4 k miles which isn't what you want from tires. They did see one trackday too but I wouldn't advise them for road use. They aqua plain a lot on even the littlest of water and do put through a lot more road noise than average tires, obviously though it's your choice.

I been looking at the parada 2's myself but just wondering what the level of grip was like on them. I don't think much will come close to the R8's but needs must etc.

Will Check up on those other tires that have been mentioned so thanks guys. Just want to make the right choice.

Josh.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
So you want something the oposite end to 888's if so go with the uniroyal raisnport 2's..

If you want something similar to 888's bu better in wet and tyre wear go for Federal 595 RSR and they are considerably cheaper..

I found the R8's in the wet amazing. Didn't have no trouble with grip aslong as heat was there. Even with TC of they wouldn't let go. I will take a look at these tires mentioned. Thanks.

Josh.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Hmm yeah I'm bit stuck with what to go for really.

The paradas haven't been too bad with me I suppose they let go reasonably easy but it doesn't seem to snap, In the wet though it seems fine unless you try and push it.

Horrid in the wet? Explain more please.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
No I wouldn't say horrid, I haven't had any scary moments in the wet but I don't tend to push that hard in the wet although I did tend to have more confidence in the wet with the hankook v12's on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
To be fair and im not being an arse but this has been done to death. And the general opinion for a great tyre and affordability is either the v12's as mentioned and i had them btw, or the rainsport 2's. Havent had the latter but did a trackday with one of the guys off here who was using them and he rated the massively.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
To be fair and im not being an arse but this has been done to death. And the general opinion for a great tyre and affordability is either the v12's as mentioned and i had them btw, or the rainsport 2's. Havent had the latter but did a trackday with one of the guys off here who was using them and he rated the massively.

Well I did search it but to no avail did I find what I was looking for, hence the post. Well I will look into these mentioned.
As said, thanks again.

Josh.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Pilot exalto 2.

I'll never understand why people are happy to strip their car to make it faster, fit coilovers, exhaust systems etc, and then won't pay an extra 15 quid a corner for good tyres.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. But the cheaper v12's/Rainsport are a good tyre. Oh and this thread is in the wrong section

Megane r26
I ran parade spec 2'a in this size an I can't fault them, yes there not as good in the wet but there not as terrible as people make out. At the end of the day you drive to the conditions. For the money I don't think there bad tyre

LY 172
Federal RSR's

dont need warming up like the R888's
not quite the same dry grip levels but as close as your gona get.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm those Federals sound good.

I guess if i got them though I would need to replace all 4 at once.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think i paid £351 delivered for mine, was in a bit of a rush so they could have been cheaper elsewhere.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
I usually use rainsport 2s but last time around bought the toyo t1rs, big mistake tbh

So if it comes down to a choice of the 2 without a doubt it's gotta be the rs2s

Thats my advise anyway :)