ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/200 dropp Pic request

GW 200T
Right iam after some lowering springs and would love to see some 197/200 piccys of them lowerd please,Preferbly on springs, So what people got on 30-40 mm drop please

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Cant be that expensive for a sport seriously what we talking £400-700, money well spent when you can lower it as low as you want n not have to ***** about if you buy 30mm n it doesnt look any different.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
dd35eb51.jpg

GW 200T
yeah coils are way out my price range thats why i want springs, unless you know were i can get some REAL DIRT cheap

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
How desperate ard you for lowering because if you can wait a few months save a few quid each month. Im not trying to say coilovers are the only way but they are proberly the best thing ive bought for mine because you can drop them to what ever you like just so you cant get it exactly how you want it.

Mini Cooper S
He already has a brilliant suspension set up, where is the need for coilovers? A set of eibach or H&R springs will do him fine...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
A standard Cup will run rings round round cheapy £400 coilovered shod car. The 197 200 set up is superb for a stock car. Infact I, dont even think you can get ktec specials for them yet............. thank god.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Granted the cars do look a lot better when lowered, but imho, there isnt a better handling 'hot hatch' on the road today. I personally think renault spent millions of pounds developing these cars with keen drivers in mind. Some lowering springs made by Herman will only retract some of that.

My 200 is phenominal when giving it stick.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Eibach/h&r springs will improve the handling. But they will alter the ride comfort.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
When i ran my old one on H&R's coilovers it was superb, like the stock Cup set up but with the added lowness i could dial in. The Eibachs only lower around 20mm and that's on non cupped cars, so its not worth it on the cup chassis as they are already 7-10mm lower.............. H&R springs, i've heard conflicting stories tbh, look nice but too much for a standard shock? My advice unless its KW/H&R/Billstein don't bother.

GW 200T
i had H&R springs on my previous 197 and didnt think that was a 2bad ride comfort, that also had cup chassis

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
172 Cup?

I'd be interested to see a stock 197 Cup and 200 round a track, i'd put good money on there being nothing in it. Them "extra" torques will only help on the shopping run ;)

Remember how much better a 182 was back in the day? funny how there's nothing in it now ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Bs tbh. A 182 is still vastly more fun. Track/b-road I'd take a 182 everytime. But I'd rather drive to the track in a 200. Not a 197 though. Ever;).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd be interested, I'm a pussy and wont track mine, however I want to see if there is a marked difference (my money says no) I want kev to bring his out of hibernation for comparison. You get that 197 feeling most days when you turn the steering wheel ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
On the road, tbh I doubt anyone would push hard enough for there to be a significant difference.
They're good on track, but just good. The slagathor 172 was awesome.
Difference is, with the 172 I'd finish a trackday and be planning the next. Not sure I can be bothered in the 200.

If I could hand it back without consequence, it would be gone tomorrow for a trophy. I'd just put up with the fact that it would be a lesser day to day car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
My only regret is not owning a Trophy, doesn't bother you but to me they feel oooold inside now. I like the Mk3, not perfect, but much better inside day to day