ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Brembo's on a 182?

Clio 197 BMW Msport
Hi Guys, Does anyone know if the 197 Brembo's fit a 182, under 16" turini wheels? Has anyone done this?

Cheers

Mondeo STTDCI
Wouldnt have thought so due to the 197 having bigger wheels.

This could be bullshit though.

Plenty of suitable braking solutions for 182 without having 197 Brembos IMHO.

Iceberg 172
Not many people upgrade the actual calipers do they??

TBH I think anything more than performance discs, pads and braided hoses would be overkill unless you manage to add about a tonne to it's weight!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
aren't 197's 5 stud's anyways?

Yes, but that does not matter when fitting the caliper, just buy different discs.

They wont fit under a 16 inch wheel, and i m sure it was mentioned on here before that you would need the whole pedal assembely for it to work as well as some brackets.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yes, but that does not matter when fitting the caliper, just buy different discs.

They wont fit under a 16 inch wheel, and i m sure it was mentioned on here before that you would need the whole pedal assembely for it to work as well as some brackets.

blimey, sounds like quite a bit of work and expense then!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Hi spec do a kit that fits under 15s, and the ap kit Dave had I believe went under 15s as well.

M

mini-valver

They'll fit under a 15 with a small enough disc and the right sized caliper bracket. Only problem you'll have (not really a problem, just not 100%) is that to get under a 15 and use a smaller disc, the pad radius will be different to the disc radius.