ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Buying advice. Help!

Dyson
Would it be a bad move to buy a 07 plate 197 with no spec??

The reason behind this thinking is my current 182 came standard with lots of bits the 197 hasn't like Zenons, cliamate, auto light and wipers, 1/2 leather......

I don't to buy a car that will be hard to shift in a couple of years.

Help needed!:(

TeZ

Non RS : (
you dont really need auto light and wipers imo, but a car for that price with just cloth interor :S no way, also i would want xenons.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
mine has one option. metallic paint.

I can't see any problem tbh, as the cost of optinos and the price you get at selling it later on probably won't be thta much tbh. i dunno though really, get the optinos you want! i didnb't want any plus i didn't want ot wait so got mine in a week.

Dyson
Also the car i've got my eye on is only 7 months old with 1600 miles on the clock! It black which i assume is metalic?

Dyson
mine has one option. metallic paint.

I can't see any problem tbh, as the cost of optinos and the price you get at selling it later on probably won't be thta much tbh. i dunno though really, get the optinos you want! i didnb't want any plus i didn't want ot wait so got mine in a week.

What colour have you got seb?

Clio 197
it up to you but with no spec on it & still a good car

I would get climate control, auto light, auto wipers & better headlights

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'll post one up later... but it is a bit messy... lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Personally i wouldn't buy a car of that type without leather/buckets, CC, or xenons.

Dyson

I would get cliamate control, auto light, auto wipers & better headlights

Thats what i'm thinking, buy I want to see if people who own 197's have got toys or not. I'd miss the zenons and climate the most.

Clio 197

I would get cliamate control, auto light, auto wipers & better headlights

Thats what i'm thinking, buy I want to see if people who own 197's have got toys or not. I'd miss the zenons and climate the most.

that be a problem cos not many 197 were made with option kits & will be hand to find one in sec hand

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
tbh, i never used the climate as climate in the 182 so it didn't bother me. i would have liked xenons but i am tight lol

'uploading now'

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
[IMGO]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/seb290482/CIMG0059.jpg[/IMGO]

[IMGO]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/seb290482/CIMG0058.jpg[/IMGO]

[IMGO]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/seb290482/CIMG0057.jpg[/IMGO]

[IMGO]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/seb290482/CIMG0060.jpg[/IMGO]

Since nov 06 giles. done 10k so far.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm selling two 197s

One is an 06/06 Albi blue, Climate, Xenons, tints, mp3 upgrade, with 9,000 miles on it.

One is an 07/07 red one with Recaros, White speedlines, Ipod station, Tints, and a rear spoiler with 1,800 miles on it.

Pm me for details.

Clio 197
I'm selling two 197s

One is an 06/06 Albi blue, Climate, Xenons, tints, mp3 upgrade, with 9,000 miles on it.

One is an 07/07 red one with Recaros, White speedlines, Ipod station, Tints, and a rear spoiler with 1,800 miles on it.

Pm me for details.

how come you got two 197?;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
tbh, i never used the climate as climate in the 182 so it didn't bother me. i would have liked xenons but i am tight lol

'uploading now'

I had to drive a car with normal air con not CC and it was awful in, either really cold, or really hot, seemed to be no way to adjust it nicely.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i guess DrRollo it is all perosnal prefernce. My aircon is on cold all year roudn as i am generally a very hot peorsn. apaprt form the ice cold decemebr mornings. I either have it full on or notihng at all. no middle ground for me.

Dyson
I must admit the 56 plate car does look nice, but I'm attracted to the low miles and newness of the 07 plate. Also its only £11100 as i work at a car dealer and its coming in as PX.

sw1

Clio 172
The 56 plate car is mine, I have always looked after it and kept it in brilliant condition as I do all my cars. I would prefer it go to an RS enthusiast instead of some guy that doesn't give a sh!t and runs it into the ground.

Also it's not been ragged to sh!t like most dealer cars, constantly returning 32 mpg on the clock and mostly motorway miles.

The headunit is awesome also if you have an IPOD and handsfree all professionally built in and fitted with the headunit.

Obviously it's my car so I'm biased but I got one with this spec to match my old 172, I personally thik climate, xenons, auto lights, corner lights , tinted windows etc make the car a lot nicer to live with and people do look for these for resale well people of my age (30) anyway :)

Obvioulsy if people like it only for the hard core drive this won't bother them but for a day to day car I think comfort is very important especially when sat on motorways etc or country lanes Xenons make a massive difference.

Black 197
I bought one with only smokers pack, tints and metallic. smokers pack and metallic for resale. the problems i had with my old climate control on 172 and the amount of times I cursed the lights for coming on under bridges and the auto wipers drove me mad, so personal choice I wasnt bothered. I shouldnt imaging that a 197 in 3 years fully specced up would be worth even a 3rd of its options price extra than a basic one. We'll have to wait and see though....also to throw this into the pot.....would a specced up 197 be heavier? thus further reducing its performance. I know the recaros are lighter but the lights,climate,6cd changer...would it be negligable weight?

Black 197
Yes mate I do, Ive not uploaded them before,ive read various instructions that i do it through photobucket? if thats the case i'll give it a go