ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Buying advice. Help!

Dyson
Just go the photobucket and follow the instructions
Then use the little thing that looks like a mountain with the sun behind it on here.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I thought they all had the Recaro buckets as standard? If not I'd want those, Xenons and maybe climate - although in some ways I prefer manual AC so that wouldn't be a deal breaker. That's just me tho :)

Dan

sw1

Clio 172
Nice car Gaz, but I would say that it looks identical to mine ;o))

They have sorted out the lights/ auto wipers on the 197, my 172 was a nightmare but the 197 is as good as gold i.e. not flashing on and off etc.

I don't reckon the other options add hardly anything in weight that you would notice unless you were maybe a real hard core track driver.

Good luckHarry182 in what ever car you decide to buy, the 197 is a great car.

Black 197
Its identical to all the 197's mate, theres no visible options that you can have I dont think, apart from alloys. I really like mine, miss my 172 but its a different car completely. Ive seen the chrome tailpipes on the renault website that I think i might look into. bit pricey though at £65.

I went from a FF 172 to my 197. As extras it has - uprated cabasse stereo with 6 CD's, climate control, auto lights/wipers and cornering lamps!! But NO xenons! When it first arrived I did miss the xenons but now im fine with it! Tbh, the cornering lamps look identical to the xenons when they arnt turned on (except for not having the washers). I do however think that the bog standard 197 lights look crap, they dont have the black surrounds either!!

Dyson
I went from a FF 172 to my 197. As extras it has - uprated cabasse stereo with 6 CD's, climate control, auto lights/wipers and cornering lamps!! But NO xenons! When it first arrived I did miss the xenons but now im fine with it! Tbh, the cornering lamps look identical to the xenons when they arnt turned on (except for not having the washers). I do however think that the bog standard 197 lights look crap, they dont have the black surrounds either!!

It think they look ok. but there we go.

Black 197
I suppose it comes down to what colour 197 you had. Black surrounds on black car imo didnt look right. Plus ive been driving for 10 years round bends at night and never once thought "hmmm I wish my lights turned into the bend!!" lol I'll admit defeat in 3years if it takes ages to sell because I didnt have them

Dyson
I've got the general impression the bits don't make a massive difference to re-sale. At the end of the day I'm getting the car at trade money and its only done 1600 miles and its 7 mths old. In a couple of years time i'll se what i get and post back on this thread!!

cock mobile.
It is a good price at 11k for basically a new car.

Would defo miss Xenons, you'll be surprised how use you get to having decent headlights.

I'm sure you could get a HID kit for about £100 though, so makes it worth going for.