ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 causing more problems............

Ok, I took my 197 into Renault Manchester on Tuesday as there were a few problems that needed sorting out. The abs/esp light was on and there was a problem with the steering!!! Theyve just phoned me to say that theyve sorted the warning lights BUT the car needs a whole new steering column and its on back order for 2 f**king weeks!!!!!! Im sooooo pissed off. So i now habe a 1.2 clio for 2 weeks!!! Do Renault have an exchange policy? Can I/should I get my money back???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you bought the car brand new, i'e you are the 1st reg'd keeper on the logbook, you can ask for a replacement car under the sale of goods act. The car thry supplied you is not fit for purpose.

no, unfortunately I bought it 4 months old, so I am the second keeper............. does that mean I have no leg to stand on? Ive only owned it for 8 days, and already this!!!! Very dissapointed!!!:mad:

clio 200 F4Rt
thats how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Just be happy in the fact its all covered by warrenty.

Drive the 1.2 for 2 weeks, get your 197 back, and enjoy.....

I know, I should be satisfied with that. Its just I want to drive it and I cant!! So far ive owned it for 8 days and its been in tha garage for 4 of those, with another 14 to go!!! I suppose after another 2 weeks of driving a 1.2 it'll feel nice to get back into something with abit more power!!! I just cant help feeling that its not cricket!!!

Thanks for your comments

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
are you worried people will think that the 1.2 is your car ;) lol...sorry to hear about the 197! thats unlucky! :eek:

cock mobile.
I'd be royally annoyed as well.

But at least it is being sorted under warranty etc. Unfortunately this is one the draw backs of buying a used car.