ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 cup or 197 F1

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
the r27 introduced the cup chassis in 2007

they were available in liquid yellow and albi blue (these couldnt be specced on normal 197s)

i think the majority have the revised gearbox (3.5k at 70 rather than 4k)

came with recaros as standard

could be specced with all the FF options; climate, xenons w/cornering lights, electric folding/heated mirrors etc etc

came with cruise control as standard iirc

Last edited:
  Inferno 182FF
Is the r27 like the r26 and have a LSD? Also is a true cup lighter?
What's yours like?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
afaik it doesnt have a LSD (the r27)

marginally id imagine since it doesnt have air con etc

the cup also has a cheap feeling plasticy dash and 'propper' door cards. the FF and r27 ones have the handles right by the pivot point in the door so if a gust of wind blows itll rip the door out of your hand

i love mine, never driven a cup but i cant imagine theres much in it. apart from mine and the FF ones will be slightly better to be in.

im back in sunderland next week. wanna meet up and you can have a nosey around my car?

Inferno 182FF
So just down to personal comforts then really, and preference. I do like the f1 in ly like!

I'd love too but I'm busy as hell next week, got my exams down teeside so will be a bit of a recluse from now til then ha ha! Thanks for the offer though!

Inferno 182FF
There's one on pistonheads atm, and an albi blue! Ly all the way, just wish I had the money atm :(!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Just to let you know, cups are rarer than F1's however this does not make them better or worth more, it just means they were less popular!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I think overall the F1 was the better option than the Cup, slightly rarer too, 500 F1's IIRC.

try finding more than a couple of cups for sale at any one time, they're super rare. I see plenty of R27's but only ever had 1 cup in I think.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
f1 will be worth a good bit more than a cup and will maintain a good high value owing to the numbers produced.

key with the f1 is getting one with a good spec and extras on it, the rarer the bette rof course!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hhhhmmmm bank loan springs to mind me thinks knuckles lol!

lol sorry :eek:

f1 will be worth a good bit more than a cup and will maintain a good high value owing to the numbers produced.

key with the f1 is getting one with a good spec and extras on it, the rarer the bette rof course!!

decent colour, xenons, climate control and cruise (i think cruise is standard) will hold the value best.

ive seen black r27s go for around £5k