ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 cup spoiler

If you had a cup spoiler fitted at factory when the car was built can you remove the spoiler afterwards?

Also can teh headlight washers be removed?

Clio200 EDC Lux
Yes the spoiler can be removed its 2 bolts + 2 screws holding it on. Washer jets will only be fitted if you have xenons as an optional extra if you remove them it will fail the mot.

Ahh ok, im having the xenons so i will be keeping them then. Ive ordered spoiler with car but not too sure about it now, i think it will look alright but we'll see.

Clio200 EDC Lux
I have xenons and the spoiler few pics for ya:

1971.jpg

197.jpg

If I ever change I will deffo get the spoiler again, oh and I have the front splitter as well.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i ain't keen on the spolier personally. but horses for courses and all that.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
not liking the spoiler on there, looks ace with glacier white tho, lowered, proper cup racer styleee.

Golf R
surely if you remove the spoiler you'll have holes left?

for me if you're not sure about the spoiler, don't have it til you've seen one in real life

Clio200 EDC Lux
surely if you remove the spoiler you'll have holes left?

for me if you're not sure about the spoiler, don't have it til you've seen one in real life

Yep four holes will be left, agree about seeing one for real. IMO it does suit the car when you see them for real.

Yes the spoiler can be removed its 2 bolts + 2 screws holding it on. Washer jets will only be fitted if you have xenons as an optional extra if you remove them it will fail the mot.

You can remove the washers and it will pass an mot but your left with holes which to plastic weld, fill, prime and paint is going to be over a £100 for a proffesional finish.

Im undecided still on the spoiler i think. Do i phone up and see if i can not have it, apparently its fitted in the uk so surely it cant be too late.

Then maybe get one after if i still want one, possibly save a bit of money that way. Just hope that the paint match is identical.

Decisions, decisions.........

Golf R
Im undecided still on the spoiler i think. Do i phone up and see if i can not have it, apparently its fitted in the uk so surely it cant be too late.

Then maybe get one after if i still want one, possibly save a bit of money that way. Just hope that the paint match is identical.

Decisions, decisions.........

from memory it's fitted at the import centre (in the UK).

what colour is your car going to be?

Ultra red.

I just found a picture of a Ultra red R27 with the cup spoiler and it looks quality, so maybe it will be staying.