ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup vs 197 FF

182 Trophy & Megabusa
Long time no post on here for me.

Cutting a long story short, used to have a Trophy, sold it, now want to come back to a CS as I want a nearly-new, nice all-round car that is a bit of fun too. Not wishing to get into a debate as to which is better, a 182 or 197, but the issue is I am fussy.

I ideally want a 197FF as I have a track car so not bothered about the extra 0.00005% performance the Cup gives, I would rather the cruise control and other luxuries etc etc, however the main requirement is for the car to be white with black wheels, recaro's and the Cup spoiler. There seems to be virtually 0 of these around but virtually all the Cup's are. This makes me tempted to get a Cup just because it will be easier to find one. Cruise control isn't essential (although I did like it), not bothered about the other little things, mainly just what it looks like.

My question is, just how bad is the cheapo dash? Not only to look at, but does it start rattling sooner than the better dash on the 197? I tracked a 197 Cup at Spa and can't say I noticed.

Any other reason I should get a Cup, or get a 197/R27?

Cheers

Just get a ff +cup the normal cups are pony for the tiny amout of performance, i cant be arsed with the non electrics stuff

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I was same as you, got fully loaded 197Cup.
They all rave about the Trophy but i found the 197Cup to be far better car as all rounder.
On track standard it's a revelation;)

Clio 1970000000
Long time no post on here for me.

Cutting a long story short, used to have a Trophy, sold it, now want to come back to a CS as I want a nearly-new, nice all-round car that is a bit of fun too. Not wishing to get into a debate as to which is better, a 182 or 197, but the issue is I am fussy.

I ideally want a 197FF as I have a track car so not bothered about the extra 0.00005% performance the Cup gives, I would rather the cruise control and other luxuries etc etc, however the main requirement is for the car to be white with black wheels, recaro's and the Cup spoiler. There seems to be virtually 0 of these around but virtually all the Cup's are. This makes me tempted to get a Cup just because it will be easier to find one. Cruise control isn't essential (although I did like it), not bothered about the other little things, mainly just what it looks like.

My question is, just how bad is the cheapo dash? Not only to look at, but does it start rattling sooner than the better dash on the 197? I tracked a 197 Cup at Spa and can't say I noticed.

Any other reason I should get a Cup, or get a 197/R27?

Cheers

There was a thread recently about a 197 Lux in white. I would search for that, and buy it coz it looked awesome.

172 5HED
Out of curiosity, what sort of performance do the upgrades give? Saw the car in the ads section, lots of mods, sounds great.

30BHP (made 174 stock now at 205) ish. Like s**t off a shovel now!!

205 is the accurate - lower figure, I could throw it on some mickey mouse rollers and have it read in the 210's or 220's!

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
go for the FF, the interior on the cup is shitty! I got in one when I was looking around and it just felt so much cheaper, Id have kicked myself if id have bought one and missed out on Cruise, Climate, Auto lights, wipers and Xenons especially if youve got a track car. For the tiny performance and colour difference I'd go for the FF + cup pack all day long (well, I did lol)

Clio 1970000000
30BHP (made 174 stock now at 205) ish. Like s**t off a shovel now!!

205 is the accurate - lower figure, I could throw it on some mickey mouse rollers and have it read in the 210's or 220's!

30bhp on a NA engine is a good result. I'm sure you can feel the difference :cool:

172 5HED
30bhp on a NA engine is a good result. I'm sure you can feel the difference :cool:

It should be for the ££ spent lol!! Its amazing on an NA mate as you say! Its not big figs like a turbo car so no one really understands!!