ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup Vs DC5

Clio 197
I have a mate thats coming over at the weekend in his DC5 so i will add afterwards but i reckon it will be the DVC5.

Golf R
DC5... i test drove one and loved it. put off by the group 20 insurance and the fact i knew i'd either get banned for speeding or wrap it round something

Thanks mate, well looking foward the test drive on sat, thats if we get your bus out of my garage!

Looks like i could be on to a winner with the DC5.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
You are well qualified then!

Just seems a rather hollow question to ask considering absolutely no one has sampled both cars!

Just my humble opinion.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You are well qualified then!

Just seems a rather hollow question to ask considering absolutely no one has sampled both cars!

Just my humble opinion.

Defo, it's just like the idiots on here than reckon a 172/182 will kill a vee on track etc without having driven it!

Sure you can comment on the looks and seating postition but anything more than that is pure speculation!

106 GTi
Driven the DC5 as well, but only a normal 197, not a R27 or Cup. Doubt either would change my mind though!

driven the 197, and i wasnt totally blown away if im honest, prefered the 182.. but looks wise, definately the DC5

I'd say dc5, I've not driven the cup only a R27.

Although the DC5 isn't the mindblowing car everyone says it, I was a tad underwhelmed on the test drive, for me the DC2 is the better car and my choice lol.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'd say dc5, I've not driven the cup only a R27.

Although the DC5 isn't the mindblowing car everyone says it, I was a tad underwhelmed on the test drive, for me the DC2 is the better car and my choice lol.

I would agree with that actually. DC2 is Raw! And on track there's nothin in it between both JDM intergra's!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
DC5 - the interior that they're gonna be shoving into the cup just ruins the whole car.

Can you spec cup suspension on a quality spec 197 yet? Aside from the R27 of course.

Dan

Own an r27 - went on a couple of solo test drives in the dc5.

If money wasnt an issue then the dc5 is tempting - if your looking at value for money then the r27 was better. I wasnt over whelmed with the dc5 and prefer the looks and drive of the r27.

Both great cars though.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
For the driving experience alone = DC5, but Ins group 20 puts me off and £12k for a 5 year old imported car.

But my head says 197, 3 year warranty, not far off the same price for a new car^^^ Cheaper to insure.

DC5
For the driving experience alone = DC5, but Ins group 20 puts me off and £12k for a 5 year old imported car.

But my head says 197, 3 year warranty, not far off the same price for a new car^^^ Cheaper to insure.

Sounds like you are getting old ;)