ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 economy!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Incorrect. Some cars can pull of white rims. Christopher's 182 being a fine example. I just couldn't be arsed cleaning them, literally inside and out. Plus, use them on track with men's racing pads, and they'll be f**ked forever.

No comments as he seems like a nice guy, but in real life they look cheap and tacky.

LY 200
^Haha! Indeed mate!

I wouldnt have taken Steve up on the offer of even a look had i not gone down to Renault to see what Nimbus was all about that day after you two were gobbin off about how nice it was! Bloody glad i did now as it is nice!

p.s what you whinging for!? They aint that big! lol

CRS 197
I track i get my 197 up to 29l/100 (10 mpg), and right now I have an average of 11.5 l/100 (24 mpg). Being a 2 liter i think is poor. An N/A 6 pot driven in the same situations could get the same results.

LY 200
^Strange then! Are you using the best juice? When i said 'around' 70 i wasnt wanting to disclose what i was actually doing for the most part for obvious reasons.

I did another 20 odd miles last night upto Sarfend (anyone who knows the route from mine will know its mostly 30's, some 40's with a 'couple' of stop/starts inbetween) and she didnt really budge!

For any doubters.......This is what my milage for yesterday looked like.......

004-2.jpg

=

003-2.jpg

Wasnt hard! Just normal driving really!

Oh and Happy Birthday for yesterday Simon you c-unit.

Vauxhall Corsa
hi guys my first post on here after picking up my 197 yesterday, I got 29.9 out of mine yesterday with a good mix of driving, I know fuel economy isn't always what you guys think of when buying a 197 but it is an issue to me, I already own a track car which only returns 10mpg this car is for the daily 40 mile commute as I was bored of running around in a diesel, well so hers to my first French car ownership... watch this space!!

LY 200
^It doesnt really fuss me what i get to be honest although the better MPG is of course better on the pocket so who is gonna really turn there nose up at that!? And at the end of the day it is still only a 2.0 small car!

I wouldnt change the way i drive just to squeeze as much out of the car as i could! I just drive normally and to the conditions of the road as i always have done regardless of what im driving! I have my moments but within reason and only when its 100% safe to do so!

I suppose that gos hand in hand with how reliable my cars (all Renaults) have been, lack of prangs and how clean my licence has been over the past 7 years mind.

Skoda fabia Vrs
A guy on renaultsport forum got his twingo rs down to 13mpg on track.. about 120 to a tank....

I get 200 odd miles to a tank.. all town driving. dont have a trip computer in the twingo

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
My Trophy is getting 34 ish. If I got a 197/200 going down to 32/33 and I'd be happy.

How accurate is the read outs? Do you manually check it?

LY 200
My Trophy is getting 34 ish. If I got a 197/200 going down to 32/33 and I'd be happy.

How accurate is the read outs? Do you manually check it?

How do you mean do i manually check?

Iv always just gone of the displays as per the pictures above tbh.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, not ask me on MSN as we're chatting about fuel anyway! ;)

Well, fill from empty to full.... Check the number of litres, work out gallons then divide miles covered by gallons... My 172 trip used to overread a bit. The 182 one is a bit more accurate.