ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 has arrived (photos) :)

Renaultsport Clio 197
P1010005.jpg
P1010009.jpg
P1010006.jpg
P1010010.jpg
P1010011.jpg
P1010012.jpg
P1010015.jpg
P1010018.jpg
P1010020.jpg
P1010021.jpg
P1010016.jpg
P1010019.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 197
I'm from Montenegro, hence the "wheel thing" being on the "wrong" side :)
xenons, climate, sunroof, cabasse, folding mirrors etc...
basicaly EVERYTHING except the recaros because I couldn't order them...don't know why really, something like Dieppe was out of stock or..whatever.
Anyway, these standard seats are perfect.
Car is great, handles brilliantly.
And I could swear I ordered the tinted rear windows but they said these are..tinted...Well they are A BIT darker then the front ones.
Who cares anyway :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm from Montenegro, hence the "wheel thing" being on the "wrong" side :)
xenons, climate, sunroof, cabasse, folding mirrors etc...
basicaly EVERYTHING except the recaros because I couldn't order them...don't know why really, something like Dieppe was out of stock or..whatever.
Anyway, these standard seats are perfect.
Car is great, handles brilliantly.
And I could swear I ordered the tinted rear windows but they said these are..tinted...Well they are A BIT darker then the front ones.
Who cares anyway :)

brilliant spec. exactly how i'd do mine exept for the colour.:D

Renaultsport Clio 197
the colour looks much better when you actually see it :)
not the ordinary "mercedes silver" :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah, i like Nimbus. the car i test drove was Nimbus, it looks really different in the showroom though! strange colour

Love the colour, the 197's are growing on me. I also like the fact that you can see 'Brembo' on the calipers.
I don't like the font on the revcounter though, that would bug me.
All in all, smart choice,

Alex

Renaultsport Clio 197
guys, can anyone answer me this:
I know all about the "first 600 miles below 3.5k rpm" but... will it do any "harm" to the engine if I boot it every once in a while? And consider that I don't go over 5000 rpm?

I start it up and let it warm up for five or six minutes, then drive really slow for 10 minutes, and then I take it up to 5000 or even 5500 rpm.
Can It be "dangerous" for the engine?

guys, can anyone answer me this:
I know all about the "first 600 miles below 3.5k rpm" but... will it do any "harm" to the engine if I boot it every once in a while? And consider that I don't go over 5000 rpm?

I start it up and let it warm up for five or six minutes, then drive really slow for 10 minutes, and then I take it up to 5000 or even 5500 rpm.
Can It be "dangerous" for the engine?

Shouldn't be a problem. Read something about this in a mag apparently its not as important to do this as with older (new) cars.

Rev away!

Turbos.
Nice car, not sure i'd want to add the weight and decrease stiffness with those big sunroofs though. Whats wrong with air con?

Renaultsport Clio 197
Nice car, not sure i'd want to add the weight and decrease stiffness with those big sunroofs though. Whats wrong with air con?

it's not a trackday car lol, it's a daily driver... a really fast daily driver :)
and the sunroofs look beatiful on this colour, and it's nice when you park it as me and my gf can...watch the stars :D

Clio RS
Wooooow! Its beautiful! Congratultions mate! I hope that next year Renault keeps its promise to bring the 197 to Mexico... obviously it would be expeeeeeensive as hell, but at least we could watch them in the stores or a few on the streets.

Regards!